317 replies to this topic

#181 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 12:14 PM

#284 When your wife is gone, you use her dishwasher for a parts cleaner.

I'll agree with Troy that is a good one! I've not thought of that either.yahoo.gif

Oh, oh, oh Greg I've gotta couple! Man, narrowing this list to the top 10 would be tough.

Here's a couple:

#304: If you use your tractor and dump cart to take out the trash, get the Sunday paper or "walk" the dog.
#305: If your child's first word is Kohler, Onan or Briggs.
#306: If you have turf tire tracks in your dining room carpet.
#307: If you offer to restore the neighbor’s LGT for nothin'.
#308: If you give old rear rims as flower pots or used valve wind chimes as gifts.
#309: If you use GPS to mow your lawn.
#310: If the stereo on your mower tractor is better than the one in your truck.
#311: If you have a stack of new LGT tires next to your recliner because you like the smell.
#312: If you've ever given your wife a pair of ear rings you made from that pile of used spark plugs.
#313: If you start signing your checks with your GTtalk user name.
#314: If you endlessly try tire combinations until you find the one that makes your tractor look cool.
#315: If your wife waves a checkered flag when you finish mowing the lawn.
#316: If, in the shop/garage, you have a revolving display platform with focused spotlights for your favorite tractor.
#317: If the UPS or FedEx driver has ever had dinner at your home more than five times.
#318: If your shop/garage floor is a patchwork color of all the major LGT brands.
#319: If you've ever eaten cereal out of an Onan oil pan or used 1/4" fuel line as a straw.
#320: If you have more than two cup holders on your tractors.
#321: If you have to take your used mower blades to the scrap yard by the pickup truck load.
#322: If you've ever heated your lunch in your tractor's engine compartment.

Don't tell me you haven't tried #322 before. fed.gif

Kenneth

Edited by KBear, December 07, 2011 - 12:22 PM.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#182 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 12:17 PM

It's a wonder I've not done #313! LOL

#183 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 05:30 PM

Casey is ALL about # 314

#184 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 06:48 PM

#323 You get a spot of grease on your GTTalk t-shirt, and promptly head to the dry cleaner.

#185 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 07:18 PM

#306: If you have turf tire tracks in your dining room carpet.

:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl: I laughed right out loud at that one! My kids all turned and looked at me like I finally snapped!

#186 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 07:24 PM

305(a): If you're childs first words are **&%^$, )&*^(, !@#%$, Or ******************************!

#187 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 07:37 PM

305(a): If you're childs first words are **&%^$, )&*^(, !@#%$, Or ******************************!

:bigrofl::rolling:

#188 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 07:39 PM

I have done #322 at tractor shows and plow days before. lol burgers on a briggs are good

#189 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 09:21 PM

Part # 3 for your reading pleasure:smile1::smile1:, names have NOT been changed to protect the innocent

210. You have a bumper sticker that reads "I Brake for Garden Tractors".
211. This list is hanging on the wall in your shop.
212. You tried sneaking your tractor owner’s manual into Church, between the pages of your Bible, and got caught.
213. You colored the pages of your Owner’s Manual with colored pencils, just so you remember which part gets painted what color.
214. You go on Garden Tractor talk every free moment you get at work
215. Your teacher or boss doesn’t know your name but he calls you Garden Tractor Talk. This one is true for me my cad teacher doesn’t know my name yet.
216. You reply to this thread
217. You make a huge list of all 200 sayings
218. When you've memorized every Serial and Engine Spec. Number for every tractor you own.
219. When strangers pull in your drive and ask "When did your dealership open?"
220. When you wear ties to the office with logos of your favorite brand of Lawn and Garden tractor.
221. When you receive more Christmas cards from tractor dealerships than from family members.
222. When you hang used tractor parts as ornaments on the Christmas tree.
223. When you stir your coffee with a broken piston rod.
224. When you mow the neighbor's yard or plow the neighbor's garden when they’re not home.
225. When you've considered legally changing your first name to your favorite brand of Lawn and Garden tractor Lambert, Massey, Ferguson, Bolens, Ariens, Bantam, Case etc.
226. When you start buying tractors for your wife because she believes "you" have too many.
227 When you have just as many or more tractors then your wife has pairs of shoes.
228. You show up to a snowball fight, driving a garden tractor with a front mounted snow blower.
229 You have spent time talking with original design team and wondering if they think - Who is this guy?
230 When you can't possible think of anything to do with / to your Garden Tractor's you find yourself just going to look at them.
231 Your wife points out the $400 camera she wants for Christmas and you automatically start tallying up the tractor parts you can get for the same amount.
232. You have multiple devices with internet capabilities & they all have Garden Tractor Talk in the History.
233. You have multiple devices with internet capabilities & they are all logged into Garden Tractor Talk at the same time (just did this one tonight)
234 Your idea of a comfortable tractor nap is leaning on the steering wheel of your parked Garden Tractor and falling asleep.
235. When you find yourself sneaking out to the garage/shop in the middle of the night to sit on your tractors.
236. While raining outside you sit on one of your tractors in the garage/shop and pretend you're driving.
237. When you find it more relaxing lying under your tractor than on the couch for a nap.
238. When you plug in the battery tenders for your tractors the shop lights go dim.
239. When you buy a tractor for your birthday and it's not your birthday for another 6 months.
240. When you start buying tractors to fix other tractors to sell in order to buy other tractors.
241. When you buy additional implements to bolster your excuse to buy another tractor.
242. When you begin formulating ways to stack tractors in the garage/shop in order to make room for more tractors.
243. When the Dentist tells you your wife needs a Root Canal and a Crown, you tell the Dentist to pull it, because you aren't using Tractor Money on a Root Canal.
244. Going to a plow event and being upstaged by Ryan and not caring. Mh81 was a little chagrined
245. You find out that there is a printer in school that can print out 40in pictures and you ask your teacher how much it will cost to print out pictures of your Garden Tractors.
246. You skip work because you were too busy plowing
247. There are 143 replies to this thread
248. Anytime there is open space in the garage you fill it up with a tractor
249. You get Go-Jo hand cleaner in a 55 gallon drum.
250. You tell everyone, that your gray hair is actually paint over spray.
251. You use a wire brush to clean your hands every Sunday morning, before going to Church.
252. When you return home from an auction, your vehicle looks like the Beverly Hillbillies truck.
253. Your oldest kid is in the hospital; because you just ran him over, trying to get to the mailbox first, because your new LAGC magazine is due to arrive any day now.
254. You know at least one guy, by a first name basis, at three different trucking companies throughout the United States.
255. We each have 3 Garden Tractor Talk.com hats, 1 for every day, 1 for how, and 1 put away just for safe keeping.
256. When you have serial plates of dismantled Garden Tractor's and think - darn the b****rds. Reference to Heston movie.
257. When you camp at a tractor show all weekend in 90 degree weather and don’t think twice about it
258. You use your Garden Tractor as an ATV when hunting.
259. Although you don't want to admit it....Christmas shopping puts a very uneasy feeling in your stomach because it is depleting your tractor fund a lot faster than expected!
260. Any passenger in your vehicle has to find alternate seating because of the Garden Tractor parts that haven't made it to the garage yet.
261. Your workbench is cluttered with no flat places left so #260 applies. Which came first to Garden Tractors 260 or 261?
262. Wondering how Mr. Spock or John Wayne would look on a Garden Tractor. Arny Palmer did. Been thinking on this for awhile.
263. You buy Operator Manuals for tractors that you don't even have, but hope you will someday.
264. You have a 1/16th toy replica of each of your garden tractors.
265. You want to install an 8 horse Kohler on your son's pedal tractor.
266. You have enough tractors to enter each month of the "Feature Tractor Contest".
267. You park the wife's $45,000.00 car outside so you can put your $400.00 garden tractor in the garage
268. When the local tractor dealership calls and asks if you have a part in your stock for a person at their counter.
269. When you clean the shop/garage it takes more than half a day to remove the tractors first.
270. When you start including your tractors in family gatherings and celebrations.
271. When you lay carpet in the shop/garage to make your tractors more comfortable.
272. When you purchase crankcase oil in 50 gallon drums.
273. When you take your tractors to lunch.
274. When your family movies consist only of Plow Days.
275. When you won't let ANYONE drive your favorite tractors.
276. When you can hold your own tractor shows and parades.
277. When you drive a tractor to get the mail and the box is less than 60 feet away.
278. When you think Garden Tractor Talk is acceptable form of Group Talk Therapy. And hell yes it is
279. When you think Ecclesiastes was written for people like us and of course it was.
280. Your neighbors know something is wrong when you drive your tractor in the same path for about 4 hrs
281. For Johndeereelfman - When your 11 year old son joins the forum and has nicer tractors than the guy posting this!!
282. When differential lube discussions seem really important.
283. When your entries in this thread seem less frivolous than the ones in the off topic thread
284. When your wife is gone, you use her dishwasher for a parts cleaner.
285. When your latest bumper crop of little pigs find new homes so no juggling of Garden Tractor's is necessary.
286. When you try to pad your count so Johndeereelfman doesn't have to carry the majority of the load. He did have a very nice foray into serial tags!
287. When you use satellite images to scope out other collectors backyards, to see what they have.
288. You stole your wife’s toothbrush so you can clean the nooks and crannies out between the fins of your aluminum heads.
289. Your kids want to take a garden tractor into school for show and tell.
290. You think of things you want to work on while sitting on the toilet, and you start writing them down on the toilet paper sheets.
291. You have about 15 different grits of sandpaper in your toolbox right now.
292. Your kids make you cut open the spray paint cans, because they want the glass marbles.
293. You now have one painted hand, because you didn't relieve the pressure before cutting open that spray paint can.
294. You're ultimate goal is to have 300 friends on your profile page, before the end of the year.
295. There are greasy boot tread marks across your living room carpet.
296. You offered to plow a farmer’s 50 acre field with your 1 bottom garden tractor plow.
297. The ring tone of your cell phone is actually of a tractor working hard.
298. You answer your phone, by your Garden Tractor Talk username...."Hello, Johndeereelfman ....."
299. You think it's the end of the world, when your tractor breaks down, in front of your Garden Tractor Talk friends.
300. Reaching 300 on this thread, feels better than completing a perfect restoration!
301. Instead of your son saying "my daddy's stronger than your daddy", he says, "My garden tractor can pull more than your garden tractor".
302 Thinking that it still would have been cheaper for Casey to use bubble wrap but I would not have gotten this post if he had.
303 You look over at your user status and say -- say what????
304. If you use your tractor and dump cart to take out the trash, get the Sunday paper or "walk" the dog.
305. If your child's first word is Kohler, Onan or Briggs.
305(a). If you're child’s first words are **&%^$, )&*^(, !@%$, Or ******************************!
306. If you have turf tire tracks in your dining room carpet.
307. If you offer to restore the neighbor’s Garden Tractor for nothing.
308. If you give old rear rims as flower pots or used valve wind chimes as gifts.
309. If you use GPS to mow your lawn.
310. If the stereo on your mower tractor is better than the one in your truck.
311. If you have a stack of new Garden Tractor tires next to your recliner because you like the smell.
312. If you've ever given your wife a pair of ear rings you made from that pile of used spark plugs.
313. If you start signing your checks with your Garden Tractor Talk user name.
314. If you endlessly try tire combinations until you find the one that makes your tractor look cool.
315. If your wife waves a checkered flag when you finish mowing the lawn.
316. If, in the shop/garage, you have a revolving display platform with focused spotlights for your favorite tractor.
317. If the UPS or FedEx driver has ever had dinner at your home more than five times.
318. If your shop/garage floor is a patchwork color of all the major Garden Tractor brands.
319. If you've ever eaten cereal out of an Onan oil pan or used 1/4" fuel line as a straw.
320. If you have more than two cup holders on your tractors.
321. If you have to take your used mower blades to the scrap yard by the pickup truck load.
322. If you've ever heated your lunch in your tractor's engine compartment.
323. You get a spot of grease on your Garden Tractor Talk t-shirt, and promptly head to the dry cleaner.
324. If someone puts anything on your tractor you yell at that person

Edited by Michiganmobileman, December 07, 2011 - 09:25 PM.
Wrong starting number

• olcowhand, Alc, KBear and 4 others have said thanks

#190 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,011 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 09:38 PM

#325 You wake in the morning and your wife is glaring at you wanting to know who "Allis" is.

#191 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 10:06 PM

#325 You wake in the morning and your wife is glaring at you wanting to know who "Allis" is.

:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:
Good thing I call my AC Alice in front of the Mrs. or that might happen to me.

#192 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 08, 2011 - 06:32 PM

:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl: But only if uttered while throwing a toy wrench across the living room!

#193 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,159 Thanks
  • 1,161 posts

Posted December 09, 2011 - 02:33 PM

#326 When you go look at Christmas decorations on your tractor,and you run out of gas

#194 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 09, 2011 - 04:44 PM

#327 When a new way to count comes to ya - ah one massey ferguson, ah two massey ferguson...... ( this came to me in middle of night, weird for an ET'R )

#195 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 09, 2011 - 07:01 PM

Casey is ALL about # 314

Yes Alan, I do have several tire combinations around to mix and match on all my tractors until I know I have it right LOL.

I do have "#311: If you have a stack of new LGT tires next to your recliner because you like the smell." in my shop LOL.