#1 jrsirrine OFFLINE  

jrsirrine

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7552
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 - 10:29 AM

Hi all,

I've got a MF 12G, serial number 1446805866.

I'm trying to attach the snow throw, but not sure if I have all the right parts. It looks like the parts manual shows 5 different 620 snow throwers based on the serial number. It also shows 3 different versions of how to hook it up to the tractor. Since mine is "used prior to machine serial number 1458 003 187" I am summing this is the reference picture I should be using. It looks though, like the hookup I have is for "machine serial number 1458 001 586 through 1458 005 101. Does anyone have a service manual where I can see how to hook the 620 up to my MF 12G? I tried to access the one on this site, but it is all garbled letters. Thanks all and happy thanksgiving!

Attached Thumbnails

• PB130851.jpg
  • PB130850.jpg

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,292 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 - 12:00 PM

First off, :welcome: to GTTalk.

Second, the garbled letters issue has come up before, usually when using IE8 as your browser. Best way to get around it is to save the file to your hard drive. You will then see that your browser has incorrectly labeled it as an HTLM or XTML file. Change this to PDF and you should be able to open it.

Third, I wish I could tell you how to hook it up, but I don't have a blower yet for a MF yet, smart guys here... one of them hopefully has the answer.

#3 ckjakline ONLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 - 12:12 PM

Which style do you have?I have a newere one that mounts under the tractor.That one you need a special mount that uses the pivot bolt from front axle.Brackets go from mounting pc to snow blower frame.The other style that i have mounts in the holes in front bumper wheere your draft plate goes.If you let me know what style you have i can help you more.
  • MH81 and jrsirrine have said thanks

#4 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hi all,

I've got a MF 12G, serial number 1446805866.

I'm trying to attach the snow throw, but not sure if I have all the right parts. It looks like the parts manual shows 5 different 620 snow throwers based on the serial number. It also shows 3 different versions of how to hook it up to the tractor. Since mine is "used prior to machine serial number 1458 003 187" I am summing this is the reference picture I should be using. It looks though, like the hookup I have is for "machine serial number 1458 001 586 through 1458 005 101. Does anyone have a service manual where I can see how to hook the 620 up to my MF 12G? I tried to access the one on this site, but it is all garbled letters. Thanks all and happy thanksgiving!

Can you post a picture of the back of the blower and do you gave any brackets for it?

#5 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 24, 2011 - 06:25 PM

Early production, not very popular.
002.jpg This one mounts to the front of the front bumper, the drive belt goes from the engine forward to the blower.

Next came this style, Front Mount, popular.
003.jpg This one has a bracket that bolts underneath to the front axle pivot bolt and the tractors frame. Blower attaches to this at 4 points, the drive belt goes from the engine forward to the blower.

Late models used this style, Underneath mount, popular.
004.jpg Here the blower frame attaches under the tractor, there is a bracket (different then the one above) that bolts to the front axle pivot bolt, the drive belt comes off the same jack-shaft pulley as the mower deck under the tractor and goes to the blower.
  • jrsirrine said thank you

#6 jrsirrine OFFLINE  

jrsirrine

• Contributor
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 26, 2011 - 07:14 AM

Thanks

Here are 2 pics

it looks like not the earliest version and not the undercarriage assembly newer version.IMG_1393.jpg

thanks a ton!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1392.jpg

#7 jrsirrine OFFLINE  

jrsirrine

• Contributor
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 26, 2011 - 07:18 AM

Thanks a lot. It is the 2nd one you showed below. Here are some pics. Not sure if I have all the parts I need?IMG_1392.jpg

Thanks a ton and happy holiday.

J Bob

Early production, not very popular.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25400[/ATTACH]This one mounts to the front of the front bumper, the drive belt goes from the engine forward to the blower.

Next came this style, Front Mount, popular.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25401[/ATTACH]This one has a bracket that bolts underneath to the front axle pivot bolt and the tractors frame. Blower attaches to this at 4 points, the drive belt goes from the engine forward to the blower.

Late models used this style, Underneath mount, popular.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25402[/ATTACH]Here the blower frame attaches under the tractor, there is a bracket (different then the one above) that bolts to the front axle pivot bolt, the drive belt comes off the same jack-shaft pulley as the mower deck under the tractor and goes to the blower.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1393.jpg

#8 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 26, 2011 - 07:58 AM

You got the main mounting bracket, that's the part that's usually missing and the hardest to make.
You will be able to mount it to you tractor and what ever is missing is easy to make up.

#9 jrsirrine OFFLINE  

jrsirrine

• Contributor
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 01:17 PM

Thanks for the tips everyone. It looks like I am missing the Helper Spring Bracket and Mounting clamp.

Does anyone know where I can source these parts or have the dimensions handy so I can get the fabricated?

I also need a helper spring and chute control rod as well.

Thanks everyone and thanks that the snow hasn't yet started piling up in NW michigan.

#10 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 06:31 PM

OK, if that is all you have, you are missing a few minor parts. I can help with most of it as I am rebuilding the same one right now. You are missing the rod that connects to the lift arm, it can be made easy enough, but requires a welder to make one half. You are missing the two part chute control rod and the bracket that mounts it to the cowl. This is a very simple part and pretty easy to make. There is also the pedal bracket and rod (There was one on e-bay a while back)

Shoot me a PM with an e-mail address and I will send you some photo's that I gleaned off the net.

Here are two that show it set up pretty good.
Posted Image

Posted Image
  • MH81, Toolpartzman and jrsirrine have said thanks

#11 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,358 Thanks
  • 1,475 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 11:21 PM

OK, if that is all you have, you are missing a few minor parts. I can help with most of it as I am rebuilding the same one right now. You are missing the rod that connects to the lift arm, it can be made easy enough, but requires a welder to make one half. You are missing the two part chute control rod and the bracket that mounts it to the cowl. This is a very simple part and pretty easy to make. There is also the pedal bracket and rod (There was one on e-bay a while back)

Shoot me a PM with an e-mail address and I will send you some photo's that I gleaned off the net.

Here are two that show it set up pretty good.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Can you shoot me a pic as well of the piece underneath that connects the lift rod to the tractors lift mech. The one I just bought has the round rod but is missing the end where it goes on the tractor lift.

#12 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 08:13 AM

I spent some time yesterday mounting mine also, but it's a different than yours. I ended up using trampoline springs on mine for the lift assist springs because I have lots of those. I also need to make the lift rod end. E-bay has the lift rod pipe end listed for $8.00 but it might be just for the later style.

#13 jrsirrine OFFLINE  

jrsirrine

• Contributor
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 03:04 PM

Hi everyone

Still working on this 620 snow throw, but will do it for sure this fall! I'm looking for:

1.a helper spring bracket (or the dimensions)

2. a lift spring (or length so I can get a trampoline spring instead),

3. rod that connects to the lift arm

4. 2 part chute control rod and bracket

5. pedal bracket and rod

Anyone know where I can pick these up or get the dimensions?

thanks a ton.

Rob

#14 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,292 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Hi everyone

Still working on this 620 snow throw, but will do it for sure this fall! I'm looking for:

1.a helper spring bracket (or the dimensions)
2. a lift spring (or length so I can get a trampoline spring instead),
3. rod that connects to the lift arm
4. 2 part chute control rod and bracket
5. pedal bracket and rod

Anyone know where I can pick these up or get the dimensions?
thanks a ton.

Rob

Rob, Ryan and I can get you some dimensions tomorrow. For now, there's some stuff in this thread that may get you started
http://gardentractor...eo/#entry165409
Let me know what else you need info on after looking thru that thread an I'd be happy to help.

#15 jrsirrine OFFLINE  

jrsirrine

• Contributor
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the link to the previous thread-super helpful. I found that the bracket to mount the snow thrower to the MF12 was on backward when I bought it. So the pics helped a lot!

I've pretty much got it set to go, except I need:
1. a lift rod and lift rod extension
2. helper spring bracket and spring
3. Chute control rod

I'm sure I can make something work but it would be super useful to have the dimensions of each of the parts.
thanks a ton.

ANy info would be great