• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 nidgster OFFLINE  

nidgster

• Member No: 8252
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hi - I'm a noob to the site and am trying to rebuild a 112 hydraulic with no OM or Service manual. 1) can I get a copy from someone 2) is this thread using Dropbox?

Thanks, nidge

#62 nidgster OFFLINE  

nidgster

• Member No: 8252
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 04:58 PM

I just quick replied to TMO and I wanted to reply to thread - sorry

Hi - I'm a noob to the site and am trying to rebuild a 112 hydraulic with no OM or Service manual. 1) can I get a copy from someone 2) is this thread using Dropbox?

Thanks, nidge

#63 lobo OFFLINE  

lobo

• Member No: 7678
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 05:23 PM

That knob is the hydrostatic transmission relief valve. You normally turn it all the way counterclockwise to run. If you want to push the tractor you have to turn that valve (I'm going from memory here) all the way clockwise to protect the transmission from damage. If it is left in that position you won't get any drive from the transmission. You don't have any decals on your tractor to tell you what's what. It looks like your tractor has had a few mod's done to it. The front blade is not a JD setup. If you have a 3pt. hitch and the front blade that is a nicely equipped tractor.

Good info re the relief valve..Question though.. Turning clockwise all the way to roll; I understand that... Turning counter clock; there dosen't seem to be an "all thee way" ... I can turn it counter clockwise 3 or 4 turns and the transmission functions properly both forward & reverse; then seems like it has no stop turning point, and I don't want to scew it completely off.... Is there a c/c stop turning point??

Major question:
Since I can't find a Operators Manual for the 317; and since they are available for everything else in the 300 series, would a manual for something else,(314-316-318-) have basicly the same info.

#64 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 08:20 PM

The later 316 and 318 are different tractors. I have a 314 owners manual that I will try to scan soon. For some reason the info for the older 300 series tractors (300 up to 317) is very difficult to find. I bought my manual from JD technical publications for about 25$. The 317 is the deluxe version of the 314 so all the basic stuff is in the 314 manual. You may want to invest in a 317 operators manual as they are very rare.

Good info re the relief valve..Question though.. Turning clockwise all the way to roll; I understand that... Turning counter clock; there dosen't seem to be an "all thee way" ... I can turn it counter clockwise 3 or 4 turns and the transmission functions properly both forward & reverse; then seems like it has no stop turning point, and I don't want to scew it completely off.... Is there a c/c stop turning point??

That is the wording in the manual - to turn it all the way. In reality you don't need to do that and as you have found you can feel when the valves are all the way up and the knob gets easy to turn. There is no stop.

#65 cfecteau OFFLINE  

cfecteau

• Member No: 8342
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 05:45 PM

I have the CTM3 and TM1591 manulas if anyone needs them. The TM1591 is huge and I have it broke up into 4 sections with a batch file to reassemble them into a single pdf. Send me a private message with your email if you need it.

Chuck

#66 Gabagoul OFFLINE  

Gabagoul
  • Member No: 8619
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hey Guys. I just picked up '86 318 with B43 Onan over the weekend just like the one my Pop had when I was a kid. I did a Google search to download service manual, found this site and quickly signed up. My 2 1/2yo son and I were out in the garage yesturday after church trying to get her running. Will post pictures as soon as I can. She looks rough but anyone with green and yellow in their blood can see the potential. Any leads on a manual would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

#67 jgriffi87 OFFLINE  

jgriffi87
  • Member No: 12784
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 11:45 PM

Hey guys i'm new to the site. I have a JD 140 and JD 314 that I just got. Im looking to get some manuals for these if anyone is willing to share. Thanks

#68 rebeltaz OFFLINE  

rebeltaz
  • Member No: 32915
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hi.. I have rebuilt a John Deere 312 and I am trying to find either a service manual (preferably) or an owner's manual - I know, I do things a little backwards :)

The main reason is that I am trying to figure out how to change the transmission fluid and with what / how much. Of course, I would stilll love to have the manuals, but if anyone could help me with this for now, that would be GREAT!

Thanks...

#69 needdoe OFFLINE  

needdoe
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 80305
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 07:55 PM

Hi Guys,

Brand new to this site and forum as well as JD and especially Hydro-static  transmissions.  I am thrilled with the amount of info here already.  I have just got my hands on a 1981 C314K with a  14HP Kohler (K321 I think).  I had little to no luck getting any info while I was trying get this thing started or even rolling,(my release knob turned out to be stripped), and into a van.  This thread seems to confirm what I began to suspect.  That is, the foot pedal on the right side, that I assumed was a Brake, is actually only for the Parking.  And all control, F/R, speed and also braking is done from the control lever. 

Question 1:    I hoping by looking at the info on my tractor someone can confirm this is indeed the case for my 314. 

Please forgive my ignorance but if i could have gotten a hold of any info I feel I'm mechanical enough to have figured it out.

Question 2;   I am hoping there is someone here who has and is willing to share any info/manuals on the 314.

As it is thanks for the most info I've been able to find so far.  Great Site!

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#70 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,311 Thanks
  • 4,661 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 08:44 PM

Hi Guys,

Brand new to this site and forum as well as JD and especially Hydro-static  transmissions.  I am thrilled with the amount of info here already.  I have just got my hands on a 1981 C314K with a  14HP Kohler (K321 I think).  I had little to no luck getting any info while I was trying get this thing started or even rolling,(my release knob turned out to be stripped), and into a van.  This thread seems to confirm what I began to suspect.  That is, the foot pedal on the right side, that I assumed was a Brake, is actually only for the Parking.  And all control, F/R, speed and also braking is done from the control lever. 

Question 1:    I hoping by looking at the info on my tractor someone can confirm this is indeed the case for my 314. 

Please forgive my ignorance but if i could have gotten a hold of any info I feel I'm mechanical enough to have figured it out.

Question 2;   I am hoping there is someone here who has and is willing to share any info/manuals on the 314.

As it is thanks for the most info I've been able to find so far.  Great Site!

Sidle over to the JD forum and start a thread on your machine and you should get some help over there.  This thread is old and covers manuals so start a thread on your 314 there and help will be along..  

• needdoe said thank you

#71 retrofitter OFFLINE  

retrofitter
  • Member No: 50636
  • 12 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 03:22 PM

Looking for a manual for a John Deere GT275. If anyone has one and will share, PM me and I will send my email address.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

#72 mels small engine OFFLINE  

mels small engine
  • Member No: 84874
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 09:08 PM

heres one for the forum, I bought a john deere 314 hydrostat, nice looking machine. well while driving this the motor will act like a 3 bottom plow has been sunk in the ground, it will pull the motor till it dies and will restart with no problems, drive it a little more and the motor will pull down and die again,ect.....  I changed the fluid and filter, took the brake shoes off, checked the driveshaft, lubed everything. It seems to be in the trans itself. I tried to find a manual to see if I want to tear into this, Im still looking. any ideas.

#73 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,629 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 10:26 PM

Try here.

https://techpubs.deere.com/