• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lvrgsp OFFLINE  

lvrgsp

• Member No: 7532
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 06:55 PM

I recently acquired a 71 model 112, I have a rear tiller for it and just got a front blade as well. However I am looking for the front lifting assembly for it. what might be the right place to start looking? I have found a few on ebay but there seem to be different some differences in them even though they are stated as working on a 112.

Thanks
LVRGSP

#2 KenM OFFLINE  

KenM

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7048
  • 50 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 07:41 PM

I recently acquired a 71 model 112, I have a rear tiller for it and just got a front blade as well. However I am looking for the front lifting assembly for it. what might be the right place to start looking? I have found a few on ebay but there seem to be different some differences in them even though they are stated as working on a 112.

Thanks
LVRGSP

Depends on what is on your tractor. I am trying to do same thing as you are only on a 68. Mine wasn't set up at all for a blade but I am adding parts to make one work. I am assuming that yours has the lift assist spring already that hooks to the lift shaft and bolts to the rear part of the frame under seat. The next thing would be the front lift arm, front pivot and link.

MP2377_________UN01JAN94.jpg

#3 lvrgsp OFFLINE  

lvrgsp

• 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 08:01 PM

Thanks Ken.
I would need the front lift arm, front pivot, and link. it has the 10 hp Tecumseh on it....
Trying to get this toghether before the snow flies around here...

#4 KenM OFFLINE  

KenM

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7048
  • 50 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 08:19 PM

I am trying to do the same thing. Being it is a 71 you can still purchase the parts from John Deere. I am also assuming that it is a model 43 blade. Here are some part numbers for you....

Posted Image

Edited by KenM, November 23, 2011 - 08:24 PM.
Fixed pic

#5 lvrgsp OFFLINE  

lvrgsp

• 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 08:35 PM

Yep 43 front blade....I looked the parts number up but was'nt sure if that was correct or not....looks like I will be going to Deere to get the parts I need the brackets and all.

Thanks again

#6 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4149
  • 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted November 25, 2011 - 01:41 PM

Thanks
LVRGSP

Check with These JD Bone Yards for the Parts You Need

Home Page J D Lawn Tractor
TractorSalesAndParts.com - Hundreds of Used Tractors & Parts!
:thumbs:

#7 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted November 25, 2011 - 05:54 PM

[ATTACH]25422[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]25423[/ATTACH]
I have made both the povit plate and the front lift rod for both my 212 and 214 and the both work great. You will have to bend the 3/8" rod to fit your.

cost for each lift rod - 3/8" steel rod was around $3 had the two plates for the rod and the yoke. You should be able to buy them for around $7 at McMaster-Carr - some hardware store might have them note it is a 3/8" with 24 threads
I think Deere wants around $17 for the yoke and $30 for the lift rod.
good luck

Attached Thumbnails

• front blade povit.jpg
  • front lift rod.jpg