Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 09:58 PM

Your not going to find to many garden tractors with 24" rims. Carlisle is a good tire and so is Goodyear.
That's kind of like a Chevy man saying he hates Fords or that all Dodges are junk.
Emotion shouldn't really play a part in your purchase decision.

'

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25369[/ATTACH]

The tires he's talking about are 26" tall overall on 12" rims, not on 26" rims. But I agree with the rest of your post, Carlisle tires are as good as any brand made. As far as I know, they are still American made.

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 10:00 PM

Gibby, Carlisles are made in the good old US of A, as I have plenty in stock waiting on my projects lol.

#18 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 10:32 PM

The tires he's talking about are 26" tall overall on 12" rims, not on 26" rims. But I agree with the rest of your post, Carlisle tires are as good as any brand made. As far as I know, they are still American made.

I was just trying to show AC that Carlisle make more than garden tractor tires and that Miller Tire sells those ags for up to 24" rims. :thumbs:

#19 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 23, 2011 - 10:32 PM

ive always loved goodyears, ive never bought a carlisle tire. my friend has trupowers on his rokon and he cant get anywhere once they make the slightest slip. im going to go with 2 tires for now, then if the homesteader brings a nice profit im putting goodyear wrangler authority AT's on the dodge and another set of ags on the back of the allis.

#20 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 24, 2011 - 07:00 PM

well plans changed, firstone 23's are going to be sufficient, just as good as goodyear. i just hope the firestone lettering is in white.

#21 mjay OFFLINE  

mjay

• Member No: 1209
  • 6 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted November 25, 2011 - 05:24 PM

You'll find that for ground engaging work like a ripper have lots of surface area isnt good.

Wide tyres are good for floatation.

For grip you need skinny tyres and lots of weight.

Of course if you are working in a swamp the rules are different.

#22 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 25, 2011 - 06:50 PM

well our yard is always wet, we live close to a swamp. people seem to have alot of different opinions on surface area of tires, whether more is better for this or that. i find alot of surface area stops tires from digging themselves into a hole, they spin sometimes but they never keep digging and digging into a hole, they just keep chugging along. while narrow tires seem to break free very easy and dig themselves into a hole, in wet or dry ground.