#31 Hunting rust OFFLINE  

Hunting rust

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7499
  • 12 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 09:17 PM

Yes we did pick up a nice Bolens and it came with a heavy duty tiller that is shaft driven. Tiller is in excellent shape. Tractor had frozen steering wheel, got it free up , but going to need to get another ,it broke while trying to free it up. This is the first time I have been around a bolens up close working on it and I must say I 'am very impressed . Very heavy duty mower.

The Sears tractor was in great shape and would not take much to fix. It look reall good no rust.

My father in law is headed down to the honey hole tomorrow. He's going for a cub 129 and a nice Enecomony. The Enecomony is about same size as cub lowboy.

Also picked wards chore-trac with 3hp Clinton /w 3 attachments.

If you look in the front of the trailer there is a walk behind, that we have know idea what it is. I need to get better pics. Of it. It has metal hand grips and lots of adjustment levers on the bars. Hope someone can give me a idea. Now right next to it is an aeriels (sp?) tiller we got for free. The big walk behind is cool give 25 for both.

Yes everything on the trailer came home with me!!!! Wheel horse belongs to my brother inlaw

Edited by Hunting rust, November 27, 2011 - 09:42 PM.

#32 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 09:27 PM

I would love to have some detailed pictures and maybe some measurements off of that Plow-Trac rider. I want to recreate that on one of my Plow-tracs I have. What a GREAT find you have there, Way to Go!!!

#33 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,612 Thanks
  • 3,912 posts

Posted November 27, 2011 - 09:51 PM

If you look in the front of the trailer there is a walk behind, that we have know idea what it is. I need to get better pics. Of it. It has metal hand grips and lots of adjustment levers on the bars. Hope someone can give me a idea. Now right next to it is an aeriels (sp?) tiller we got for free. The big walk behind is cool give 25 for both.

That one is a Planet Jr. model HW. - NICE LOAD!!!
  • Hunting rust said thank you

#34 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 28, 2011 - 06:37 PM

There's a decent, early, number series Wheel Horse in the last pic. Is that the one that your BIL got?

#35 70Blazer OFFLINE  

70Blazer

• Member No: 6187
  • 10 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted November 28, 2011 - 07:28 PM

Nice pics, looks like a bunch of fun going through that stuff.

#36 Hunting rust OFFLINE  

Hunting rust

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 12 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted November 29, 2011 - 10:13 PM

No he got another one, it's on back the back of trailer in pics. My brother in law went today for a nice economy and when he got there it was gone. Would you believe he picked the cub low boy for 400. And it runs good!! Only needs pto work. I need to pay better attention because grass had grown over 3 year old Woods belly mower on the low boy. Owner also threw in two more sets of brand new blades and extra belt and manual. This was hard for me to handle. boy did I mess up. He also picked up early Farmall cub. But he did leave something. He found a couple of very early Sears in a new building I have not been in. He told me they were both 1957. I don't even know if sears made a tractor in 57 Planing on making another run two honey on fri. My father in law is letting me hide some stuff at his place so I don't have to hear about it. LOL!!!

Edited by Hunting rust, November 29, 2011 - 10:36 PM.

• caseguy said thank you

#37 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted November 30, 2011 - 07:49 AM

That's a great deal on the Low Boy. I didn't even bother to ask because I figured it would have been high dollar. Considering the engine on the Cub was just redone, it ought to last his lifetime. My wife likes Cubs and wanted me to inquire about that one when my BIL gets back from Fla. Sounds like there might not be much left! LOL

#38 Hunting rust OFFLINE  

Hunting rust

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 12 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted December 01, 2011 - 12:12 AM

I believe there are five cubs left. I could not believe the price on the low boy. I felt the same as you, probaly too much so I never asked. Lesson learned. My wife informed me need quit bring so many home. I believe there is still quite many good fixer upers. That Bolens 18'was nice. Nice wheel horse in woods and all those Allis. Have you been back for the JD? He is selling some of those in the shop also now.

#39 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted December 01, 2011 - 05:46 AM

Haven't been back yet. I am waiting on BIL to return from Fla. so he and my son can go. Son wants to pick up that little JD and hard to tell what BIL will get. I'll just have to see what's left then. That little Wheel Horse with the trees growing thru it is a neat unit, but it will take some serious work to fix it right.

#40 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 01, 2011 - 11:59 AM

Great find. Hope you can save/rescue as many as possible. Congrats.

#41 Farm-ette Chuck OFFLINE  

Farm-ette Chuck

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7676
  • 19 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 05:10 PM

YOU HAVE A WORK BIRD? I would be intrested if you are selling .I have some intresting old farm-ettes to trade?
Please send me an e-Mail if you still have the work bird.Thanks Chuck (chasrstultz at aol dot com)

#42 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 06:16 PM

Wow. Congratulations. I've been out for a week and just catching up. In one early post, you said you have your shop pad poured-18x18 ft ? By my calculations, I think your
180 x 180 ft short :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

#43 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 07:06 PM

I see a John Deere round fender in the back ground of picture #13. Is it still available or does someone already have dibs on it? If still available, see what he wants for it, and let me know by private message. By any chance, is this Honey Hole located in Delaware?