thinking about it

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Closha63 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3203
  • 4 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 08:48 PM

I am thinking of restoring my PK finally. I am not sure on what color people use to match. I would order the factory color but due to the expense I do not think that is the route I will be going. Is AC orange a close match? What do others use? Also I am trying to figure out the psi that my hydro cylinder can manage... I am converting from Cat. 0 to Cat. 1.... What kind of weight can everything handle? For a restoration project does anyone have any hints or suggestions to follow?? Besides ebay where else are parts available???????

Attached Thumbnails

• dsc_0035.jpg

#2 Gibby OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 09:04 PM

Take a painted piece to an auto body supply house and they can mix paint to match and give you the formula for future use.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 22, 2011 - 05:25 AM

Yes they can come very,very close on a color match with those scanners.

#4 powerking56 OFFLINE  

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted November 22, 2011 - 06:09 AM

Some PK specific parts are available thru Mission Power King Tractor Replacement Parts and Accessories and Power King Tractor Barn Welcome to Power King Tractor Barn! Sorry I don't know the answers on your 3 point questions. When you get into the project we can try to help with specific questions.

#5 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,278 Thanks
  • 6,482 posts

Posted November 22, 2011 - 06:30 AM

Are you going to keep all orignial ? The reason I ask is the 2418 I bought had a broken frame right around the rear axles and that put a load on the transmission causing it to break . If you don't want to add extra supports or bracing at least go over all the factory welds to make sure all are good . The other thing is the 3 pt lift and arms are kind of weak . Mines been bent , weld renforced ect a few times . If yours is bolted on you might want to save it and build a HD one to use , here's a picture I found , I'm not sure if it was factory but has a stronger lift set-up, AlDSC01282.jpg

#6 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 05:51 PM

parts are avalible at mission manufaturing and service pro parts. i have seen many people use cat 1 implemints on these, all you have to do is flip the pins so they point in or the arms wont go out wide enough, you will most likely need some front weight. im a fan of cas flambeau red, it comes out real nice but AC orange is close and so is chevy engine orange.