• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 19, 2011 - 08:17 PM

so after a day of hunting and only killing a porcupine, i got home and got a hpone call from an ex boss, i almost didnt answer it, but i did. and he said someone has 2 free AC tractors, so i called the guy and i picked up the 310. he tried to start it but it didnt turn over. so i got home, jumped it and it turned and tried to start, so i put fresh fuel in it and it ran nice, then died. so all in all there something jammed in the fuel tank where the fuel enters the line. ill have to get something 12 inches long to pick it out. but the other tractor is an articulating 8 horse, with a rebuilt deck. also my dad moves the 7 speed lever while the engine wasnt running and he forgets where it was it, and it says not to :wallbanging: will that affect it majorly. also the reason it was free is the rear end leaks a little fluid

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 08:27 PM

Can't go wrong for the price.
Good thing you didn't burn the bridges behind you when you left the job.
:thumbs:

When you get them home, we love a pic or two!

#3 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 19, 2011 - 08:56 PM

well, i think my boss couldnt afford to pay me, and he found a minor excuse to fire me, leaving a door open, so i left quietly without destroying anything and it payed off. the 90 degree elbow coming out of the fuel tank is loaded with so much, debris i guess ill go in with a piece of copper wire and try to unjam it

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 09:01 PM

There may be a Piece of screen in there, might be better to take it out of the tank and get it into the light where you can see the problem better.

#5 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 19, 2011 - 09:32 PM

i air compressed the 90 degree bend and the air compressor kicked on, my headache got 10x worse and i just packed it in. now ill go get pics of her

#6 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 19, 2011 - 10:49 PM

ok heres the pic of her, the plow is from an AC b10 i think i got for 5 bucks off a guy. the moutning holes seem to line up, id love to have a plow tractor since the big tractor needs an engine installed. also is that seat original?001.jpg

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 05:35 AM

That looks good. Free is good,you just can't go wrong.

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 07:29 AM

Wow, that does look good. You will definitely want some weight on the rears, but it should make you a great plow tractor.

I think the big difference on the "B" series plow and later units is the lift. I can't remember exactly what, but something is different.

By the way, that seat isnt an AC or Simplicity seat, but it is an antique.

It's from the same set of bar stools my parents had when I was a kid.

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 07:45 AM

Nice tractor. It sounds like your ex boss wasn't a bad guy after all. For a free tractor that one is in very good shape. Good luck getting it sorted out and plowing.

#10 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 20, 2011 - 09:00 AM

well the lift rod on the plow from either a b-10 or i checked the auctions listing from 4 months ago online and there was a few other allis chalmers. a 314 with a tiller that had to be NOS or perfectly maintained. and a smaller version of a 310, atleast thats what it looked liked to me, and ive never had an AC before lol.

#11 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 20, 2011 - 10:35 AM

ok so its got spark, i could see it good in the day time, and i think its getting fuel, me and my friend had it running for a minute last night, but we used some starting fluid, maybe the fuel pump is going? no that i tore the screen out of the gas tank gas pours out of the lines. so its either the carb or the pump.

#12 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 20, 2011 - 08:33 PM

alright, so the verdict was and seems to be poor connections, sparking, then not sparking, then having really good spark. i fixed most of them then the starter didnt move, so i pulled it out, shot it with wd and it works great for now. so time to play around some more and see if i can take her around the block today or not.

#13 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 20, 2011 - 09:19 PM

ok im sparking at my points, really good, but not at my spark plug. ive gotten spark at the plug but its just from the plug to the metal surface i put the plug on, not in the gap. any ideas?

#14 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 09:25 PM

If you hold the end of the wire 1/4 inch from the block, do you get spark? If you do and no spark thru the plug, it's a Champion.

On my 112, I had to pull the engine to clean up the mag and clean the ground up for the mag too. Then I got a good spark.

#15 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 20, 2011 - 09:48 PM

it runs!!!! purrs like a kitten, even with the wrong sparkplug. the old one was bad, and it was brand new looking:confuse: but anyway it runs, now what kind of fluid does the rear take? the guy said it does leak so at some point i will replace the seal.