• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 19, 2011 - 07:25 PM

so today after a failure of a squirrel hunt, except for killing porcupines which is a blast:bounce:, i got a call from an ex-boss, i almost didnt answered it but good thing i did. his friend was giving away 2 allis chalmers tractors, a 310 and a smaller one that articulates. the 310 isnt running yet but its a gem, and i have a snow plow that might fit on it, and i have other crazy plans for the rear lift. but since the 310 has 21 speeds, and lever with 7 gear got moved with the engine wasnt running, i think my dad moved it from 3 to 7 but im not sure, and it has a big decal saying not to move while not in motion, will it hurt it? so im excited about my first allis and i hope i can plow with it this year, now the articulating one im getting tomorrow, since only 1 fits in the truck, if this guy only new what hes giving away, also the articulation one has a deck with my spindles bearing blades ect.

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 08:59 PM

The vari will be fine, the big thing is to not force it. It will bend the mechanism.

The Vari assembly on some of those AC units is a set of 2 vari pulleys that work together. My B112 has it and I had to replace one of the bearings and rebuild the actuator because the pin broke off and the PO cobbled it big time.

If it were me, and I thought it had been moved and was worried about it, a few revolutions with the starter will get the belts vs. pullies back in sync and take any pressure off. Probably nothing to be worried about, but if you're concerned, that would ease your mind.

#3 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 19, 2011 - 09:35 PM

o god it double posted, sorry about that. well the first post didnt seem to go up, then i posted again and well double thread =/