#16 Boss 448 OFFLINE  

Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1724
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 10:05 AM

I have to agree with Cvans on this one. Turbocharging is way cool, but does your application justify the added complexity and expense that it will entail? Of course part of your consideration must also be the resources, skills and time that you have to throw at it.

I'd sure love to see you successfully deploy a turbo re-power, but that is easy for me to say when it's you that will be expending the time, money and possible aggravation. So speaking from the cool factor side of me I say go for it, but the practical side of me will certainly understand if you go the K.I.S.S. route.

Either way keep us updated on your project.

BTW - I know you wanted to keep the exact nature of this project under wraps, but I think I have it figured out. You're planning on building the worlds largest Martguerita Machine, right? You better hustle if you plan on having it running by New Years Eve and I plan to be there to help you celebrate the results! :beer:

JN

#17 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 03:02 PM

Oh YUCK !! I hate mageritas!! I'm a Rum Dum ! :thumbs:

I dont plan to put a turbo on a standard engine, this requires too much crap to do it right, and if I had the time ..... possible, but purchasing a turbo'd Kubota 1105 T is a far better option. I have all winter to round up the rest of the goodies needed and as long as I know the rough size I can work around it. So waiting for the correct engine isn't the end of the world... getting to the end of the project with out one might be close, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.
Actually in all fairness, 32 horsepower is at the very top of the power scale needed, but I want just that little extra if possible .....then I don't have to worry about stalling it, just breaking stuff LOL