Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of December 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of December 2011! (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of December 2011!

1. John Deere 140 H3 (34 votes [27.20%])

Percentage of vote: 27.20%

2. Bantam 3000 (35 votes [28.00%])

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

3. John Deere Patio (38 votes [30.40%])

Percentage of vote: 30.40%

4. Massey MF7 (18 votes [14.40%])

Percentage of vote: 14.40%

Vote

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of December 2011 has now officially started and will end the last day of November. The theme for this month is "Decorated for Christmas".

The winner will be featured on the front page for the entire month of December starting on the 1st of the month and will be in our featured tractors section for infinity :D

Here is a list of the nominees in no special order:

• John Deere 140 H3 - Texas Deere & Horse
  • Bantam 3000 - bantams r us
  • John Deere Patio - Johndeereelfman
  • Massey MF7 - tractorchick

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below. :D

Please remember that the winning tractor cannot be nominated again for a full year. Thanks and good luck!

Edited by NUTNDUN, November 17, 2011 - 07:32 PM.

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 07, 2011 - 10:27 PM

OK, I'll go first...

Edited,
I want to follow the rules of the contest so, I am nominating My 1969 140 H3 with the Mdl54 6 way Front Blade. 2 years ago I bought a big bunch of JD's and this was in the pile. The pevious owner said this one needed a lot of work, but the 1 parked next to it should run with little work. I didn't agree, but didn't say anything to him about it. He went back in the house and I went to work on starting to load some JD's up on my trailer. I had brought a battery and some fresh gas with me, just in case. I threw the battery in and sprayed some carb cleaner in through the jets of carb., poured some gas in the tank and on the third try, she came to life. I blew the tires up and used it to load the rest of the tractors on the trailer.

I am going to nominate my Christmas pictures from last year. I didn't get a chance to enter last year, hard to believe it but I was new as a baby to this site. I have 4 tractors in the pictures as you can see, all hitched up to Santa's sleigh. These 4 DEERE have all the POWER needed to travel around the world in just one night, and not miss a single house.

We always do it up BIG at our house with Christmas lights, my most favorite season of the year. I always have a tractor of some kind in our decorations, this year using 4 of my most favorite Gt's.

The first tractor in the line is a 1969 140 H3 with a 14HP Kohler and sporting a 6 way- 54" plow up front to clear the runway for take-offs. Second in the hitch is my 1971 112 Electric lift with a 10HP Kohler. Third in the hitch is my 1970 120 with 12HP Kohler and last but not least is the Mighty 318 repowered with a 20HP P series Onan with all the power needed to lift Jolly Ole Santa off the ground fully loaded with all the toys for Good Girls and Boys.

I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as we do every year. We also won BEST in SHOW in our subdivision Christmas Decoration contest.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24487[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]24485[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24488[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]24486[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• FamilyChristmasPic2010 019.jpg
  • FamilyChristmasPic2010 018.jpg
  • FamilyChristmasPic2010 004.jpg
  • FamilyChristmasPic2010 005.jpg

#3 bantam r us OFFLINE  

bantam r us

• Member No: 417
  • 46 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 06:42 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24510[/ATTACH]Here is my wife's christmas present in 2009. Its a Bantam model 3000. It started when she wouldn't give me any ideas for Christmas so I had to come up with something. It started with an mostly original Bantam model 3000 that was painted the original orange color. I had it stripped and powder coated bright red (her favorite color). The engine tin was powder coated jet black and new decals were applied along with a new clutch and clutch colar. The wheels were not in the best condition so I ordered a new set of polished aluminum wheels and new tires. The accent colors for the seat and steering wheel are school bus yellow. This was all done in our garage two weeks before Christmas where she was not allowed in. Christmas Eve came and it was sleeting outside and needles to say cold and I had to get it into the house and wrapped. So keeping her upstairs I put the Bantam in the back of the truck and backed it up to the front porch and unloaded. When I tried to go thru the front door it was 2 inches too wide, so out to the garage to get a wrench to take one of the rear tires off to get it into the house. Once in the wheel was put back on and I dried it off and wrapped it in some Christmas paper and place it next to the tree.
Christmas morning came and she sure was suprised.[ATTACH=CONFIG]24509[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24511[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• xmas 2009 029.jpg
  • xmas 2009 027.jpg
  • xmas 2009 028.jpg

#4 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 07:46 PM

Well, here is our Christmas display from three years ago. I've been wanting to do this type of display for years, but Dad wouldn't hear of it, due to him being fussy about his front yard. Anyway, Mom finally made us do it. The collection consists of a Red and White 1970 Patio leading the herd, with a red blinking bulb strapped to the front of the hood. Behind it is a 1967 112H, 1966 110, 1966 112, 1964 110, 1969 140H1, 1967 110, 1991 318, 1966 110H, and last but not least, a horse drawn sleigh that Dad used as a kid to deliver newspapers.

I really enjoyed this display, and this is my favorite picture. This was the only time we did this display, as that Christmas was our last Christmas with Mom. She died two months later with liver cancer. That Christmas will always have a special place in my life, not just because of the Christmas tractor display, or because we had one last time with Mom, but because, that display had another meaning. The tractors were picked and arranged by Mom. At the time, we really never knew why, but she was happy, and that is what mattered. Christmas was her favorite time of the year. Anyway, the patio tractor was Mom's pride and joy, and was the only tractor she owned. It was first, because we always looked to Mom for guidance. The remaining tractors represent each child and grand child. (Myself and my three kids, and my sister and her three kids) The sleigh, which was Dad's, at the back, because he was always there for us, putting us first, and always there to catch us when we fall.

My only regret about the display, was I never took a picture of it at night. We had Christmas lights strung through the steering wheels to represent a harness, and had a spot light sitting in the sleigh so you could view the make shift Santa. We also had numerous spot lights sitting along side the display, as the green tractors didn't show up very well with just the Christmas light strands. But the display always had a very special glow about it at night time, much brighter than the lights we used. Well, I guess now, I understand why.

This is the only picture I have. I know I don't qualify, since I only have this one picture attached, but I'm not looking to win, or even compete. With Christmas just around the corner, I guess I just needed to share a little bit of Mom's dream with all of you, and to find a little comfort for the season also.

Edited by MH81, November 20, 2011 - 07:19 AM.
Additional pictures added.

#5 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 11:29 AM

After a little persuasion from you guys, I decided to key a quick story. I get a lot of requests to write about my tractors but never find the time to do it. I don't need votes, so please vote for the other nominations. I get enough recognition as it is with my job. But this is for YOU guys! An exclusive to GTT! :)

This is my little Massey 7. She is my first garden tractor. While at the Florida Flywheel show in 2009, Brandon bought it for me from our good friend Bernie Scott. The fact that it is a gift from my Brandon and that Bernie was the previous owner is the reason why I will never sell it; they are both very special people. It was complete and restored when Brandon bought it and has it's original parts. Bernie delivered it to my home that same summer and we have had a lot of fun with it since. I truly enjoy having it hauled to local shows where our subscribers recognize it immediately and like to pose with it for pictures. I also drove it down to our church's Trunk-or-Treat in 2010 and the children were over-joyed to sit on it and "drive" it around. I have a picture of a 2-yr old Buzz Lightyear standing on the hood with his "wings" in launching position!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24543[/ATTACH]

It doesn't snow much here in southern Indiana, but last winter we got a few inches of powder more than once. My kids are bigger now and pulling them in the sled is the dreaded chore that is toggled between me and Mike. Our saving grace was the ball hitch on the Massey. It was very cold and snowing hard, but I hooked up the sled and hauled Autie down to her friend Kaity's house. We loaded up Kaity and her sister Courtney and off we went to tour the neighborhood! The giggles were louder than the engine on the Massey! They made monster size snow balls by dragging their hands from the side of the sled and scooping up handfuls of snow! The neighbors as well as the kids were entertained! I don't think the Massey had ever been in the snow previous to that day!

Most of my tractor collection is out at Brandon's farm but the Massey stays here. We have plenty of young visitors who like to come and "drive" it around. My plans now are to build a barrel wagon train to attach to it. But for this winter, the only plan is to find a large toboggan to accommodate MORE of the neighborhood kids -- and pray for LOTS snow!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24539[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24540[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24541[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24542[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN4716-01.jpg
  • DSCN4729-01.jpg
  • DSCN4721-01.jpg
  • DSCN4718-01.jpg
  • 150087_1688398535425_1401566030_1776986_2536152_n.jpg

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 12:19 AM

I want to wish EVERYONE the best of luck this month. We didn't get a lot of entries, but there all great ones.. GOOD LUCK !!!!!

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 05:25 AM

I want to wish EVERYONE the best of luck this month.

:ditto:

#8 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 06:04 AM

This is going to be tough voting, all great entries. Thank you to all for entering your tractors.

#9 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 06:07 AM

This is going to be tough voting, all great entries.

Yes,I'm going to have to think on this one.

#10 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 08:47 AM

From the # of votes, I think everyone is debating the issue. 10 votes this morning!

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 05:53 AM

Yes and we only have 16 this morning.

#12 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 05:06 AM

24 votes this morning! Still have over a week to make your choice!

#13 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 09:10 AM

Looks like more votes since yesterday. Spread the word and let's get more votes!

#14 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 09:16 AM

Wow, This was a tough one but i made a choice.

#15 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 04:55 AM

47 votes this morning! Keep them coming!