#16 awol OFFLINE  

awol

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1576
  • 77 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 06:23 AM

I have that exact same shelter now for one year now. If you have any winds over 50mph you will need to use a different anchoring system. The zipper don't hold up as well they terr from the fabric. The best thing to do is if you expect high winds open it up at both end's and let the wind go through as long as you don't have anything that would blow away. My nabour didn't follow my advice.:confuse:
0428011550b.jpg

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 06:38 AM

We got one of the Shelter Logics for the Dover show to use as our tent. We got it from Tractor Supply. I can't remember what we paid for it but it is a 10' x 20'. Seems pretty solid and I think it would hold up fairly well as long as you have it anchored and any loose ends tied up completely.

You can use the spiral dog tie out anchors to anchor it down and use ratchet straps. The stakes that it comes with and the ones that they sell as accessories are not going to hold in high winds.

#18 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 07:46 AM

Good bunch of information and input into this thread so far guys! Thanks to all who replied so far and to the original poster for bringing it up:thumbs:
My 2 cents, for those of you in extreme wind areas that cant do permanent anchors check into mobile home anchors.

They have a u shaped head on top that most tubing would fit through(1 1/2" i think), auger into most soils with a 2 x 6 as a "crank" anchor.jpg
here is a better side view of the headanchor2.jpg on a different style of anchor.

If the tubing is small enough you could spin these in the ground in a line and set the tubing in the head then through bolt. OR mount just inside or outside the frame and attach to your desires.
Just thought I would add that info for those that may be in need (like AWOL's neighbor):smile1:
  • Alc said thank you

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,393 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 08:29 AM

I wonder how these would work:
TieDown.jpg

#20 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 08:56 AM

I'm starting to see a lot of these go up in this area, and we do get some heavy snows at times. I also see some that are being sheeted with roofing steel instead of the Vinyl coverings.