• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 billy220 OFFLINE  

billy220

• Member No: 6949
  • 0 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted November 15, 2011 - 07:59 PM

I have a Case 220 that i recently picked up a j50 snow blade and it takes the lift rod that goes under blade and axle and hooks to to a plate and to lift handle. I dont have a rod and plate and was wondering if someone could give me the length of rod and size of plate and where the holes are to be drilled on plate. I dont have what they want for a new one and have the option to make my own. If someone could help me that would be great.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted November 15, 2011 - 09:35 PM

We have several guys who check in every couple of days with case tractors. Hope one of them have the info handy or can measure theirs for you.

#3 billy220 OFFLINE  

billy220

• 0 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 05:37 AM

We have several guys who check in every couple of days with case tractors. Hope one of them have the info handy or can measure theirs for you.

That would be great. thnx so much.

#4 billy220 OFFLINE  

billy220

• 0 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 02:29 AM

all i really need is the length from hole to hole on the rod itself. thnx anyone.

#5 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 06:53 PM

Billy....I am pretty sure that the measurement you're looking for is 26 on center. I will confirm that tomorrow and get back with you. I bought a blade last year I found one for a deal and ended up it didn't have a 'rod' either. so I did some digging and I made one that is I am pretty sure 26 on center and was told it would work. Let me do some digging for ya...but I am with ya here...easy enough to make at home...take a steel rod about 1.25" and collapse the ends then drill a hole the size you need...
  • MH81 said thank you

#6 billy220 OFFLINE  

billy220

• 0 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 10:50 PM

great and if you could can you give me the size of the plate that the rod goes to also? thnx so much

#7 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 09:07 PM

ok Billy what I have done is to give you a photo of my setup (keep in mind that I have never hooked it up) but, made it so I could whenever I want. So here is the scoop...the Rod I made out of 3/8" Bar Stock, the holes are 26" on center I have taken a few pics of the rod, the plow end, and the end at the tractor. The end at the tractor is a fixed plate that is hydraulically driven so its size should already be determined, but I took a photo if you need the measurement and some idea of size, plus I put a tape measure up against it.
End at the Tractor
Posted Image
Photo of the Rod, the length overall, holes are 26" on center
Posted Image
The plow end...the plate here should be straight but mine is slightly 'tweaked' but I'd straighten it out if I had to use it...
Posted Image

GL
  • MH81 said thank you

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 09:15 PM

Great Follow-Up, thanks.
  • CASENUT said thank you

#9 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted November 22, 2011 - 11:35 AM

I don't have a blade for a Case so I'm not sure if what Jim has shown you works or not but the parts manual shows that you use the adapter plate at the tractor lift and not just hook it up to the lift bracket. The adapter plate is the same one as the sleeve hitch uses and they have a very nice diagram of it in the Yahoo forum files. Using the adapter plate may change the length of the lift rod from what was posted.

http://f1.grp.yahoof...Hitch Plate.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by cp7, November 22, 2011 - 11:17 PM.

#10 billy220 OFFLINE  

billy220

• 0 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted November 22, 2011 - 01:34 PM

yeah it is that adapter plate i was needing measuments of. without it my rod would not work.

#11 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted November 22, 2011 - 03:23 PM

CP and Billy What adapter plate? I don't see a need for any adapter...you take one end of the rod and slip it over dowel pin for nut #28 in the diagram...then slip it over the dowel on the plow...and the rod is hooked up. Maybe I have to hook up my plow, I've not had to do so on my Torq yet, and the plow I own is in horrid shape but it is an original config plow so the setup should work...unless I am missing something I don't see a need for...

#12 billy220 OFFLINE  

billy220

• 0 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted November 22, 2011 - 04:10 PM

without the adapter plate the rod would not be down low enough to miss the steering link/rod going to front axle.

#13 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted November 22, 2011 - 07:45 PM

ok I'll hook it up to see...but if that is the case...how hard would it be to make one?hook the plow up... put the plow on the ground...move the lever forward as far as it would go...measure the distance from the hole to the plate...and reverse engineer it? I only use blowers, but I do have a plow and that's what I'd do...

OOps...that is a lie, I do have a 222 with a plow on it...but don't remember that adapter...maybe it is there and I just missed it...oh well I'll be in touch on this subject in a day or 2...

#14 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted November 22, 2011 - 11:30 PM

I believe billy's correct that the plate is needed to lower the mounting point. You'd have to have a lift rod that's curved like the sleeve hitch to use that welded pin.
Your caster mounts to the large pin on the lift bracket because it goes over the axle.

#15 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted November 23, 2011 - 12:09 PM

ok thx...maybe ill sell my plow $50 anyone...lol