Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Pictures of tilling&plowing with mf10/12-BENT PLOW!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 08:13 PM

I ran an add on craigslist offering garden tilling and had pretty good response. Good enough that I tracked down and bought an extension for the tiller. The first time I used it with the extension I was doing a small first time plot in a woman's lawn when the tiller dug in hard and pushed the tractor rapidly, almost into a fence:o:o:o:o. I had to finish the garden with my hand on the lift ready to take some weight off. Luckily I already had a new pair of unmounted ags and a set of weights to put on because I had two more gardens scheduled for the next day. I worked till near midnight to get them mounted and was at the next site at 8:00am the next day. This place was a large house/mansion built in 1863. It was used as a decoy house for the underground railroad and Fredrick Douglas actually spent some time there. It was also used as the first courthouse in Wayne county where I live. Really cool place. The area to be tilled was lawn so I tilled it shallow the first pass and the pushed the grass and sod off into one the corner. Then I started plowing it with my brinly. It was working great when I hooked a root, the front end picked up and the tractor turned sharp to the right, bending my plow. Good news is that I was able to straighten the plow. Here's some pics of the garden and bent plow. I wanted to take pics of the house but didn't want to invade the owners privacy.

015.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.jpg
  • 002.jpg
  • 003.jpg
  • 004.jpg
  • 005.jpg
  • 006.jpg
  • 013.jpg

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 08:37 PM

Man, that's pretty bent! Glad she straightened easy enough. That job was work intensive! But removing the sod was so much better for the garden. That's a pretty large garden plot. Hope you got paid well!

#3 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 09:04 PM

I work pretty cheap if I'm doing it from the seat of a tractor. Good thing I don't do it for a living, I'd starve. I enjoy using my tractors and meeting new people, most gardening people are great. Usually they give me more than I asked for, the other day my tip was two dozen eggs that where laid that morning by organically raised chickens.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 09:05 PM

I miss my layer's country eggs....don't miss the mess dealing with them though. Can't beat the taste country eggs have!

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 10, 2010 - 08:27 PM

You weren't kidding when you told me you bent the plow. LOL

Garden looks great. I like how well that worked tilling shallow and pushing it off to the end. Looks great :thumbs:

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 04:33 AM

Wow, that is really bent.