Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

My Mess!!!, big time spring project! Also gearing up for winter!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 11:40 AM

Hello everyone, Well Its been a very busy summer, and Fall has been no different. All throughout the summer I had a swampy area in my yard that just got worse and worse, then it even turned black and stinky. I couldn't figure out what was wrong as I just had my septic system checked and my septic tank replaced late last summer. Well the contractor came back out and started digging. Sadly he found that my leach field was a 4'x4' hole filled with large rocks and the surrounding ground was clay, causing the half fast leach bed to over fill and run out into my yard, causing the swampy area. Well now im ticked, because everything in this house since we bought it 2 years ago has been a nightmare, and hacked together. The house was sold just 4 yrs ago, so the septic was tested, and then it was tested again after we bought it and everything was good. So now im stuck paying almost 10 grand in repairs. Also I got a "newbie" health inspector. He was a pain and basically setup my leach fied and system so that my whole yard is kinda useless!! So I paid $3500 last year for a septic tank, and now the estimated cost for the leach field is @ $5500, and because of the design of the leach field from the inspector, I will need probably 15 truck loads of fill, and top soil. So yesterday I kinda surveyed the repair and damage, I took pics. Then I took the deck off the Massey, got my blower out, cleaned the mower deck, and cleaned the tractor. Today I plan on some yard clean up, and installing the blower. Sorry for venting, but when I drain my bank account, and haft to borrow money from my parents too, because someone got away with not doing a job right! It ticks me off!!!
P.S.- All I want for christmas is a Box Scraper!!

Attached Thumbnails

• yard 2.jpg
  • yard 1.jpg
  • massey blower.jpg
  • massey mower frt view.jpg

#2 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 12:03 PM

Sorry to hear that, the property looks nice too.Hopefully some better luck will come your way.

#3 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 12:11 PM

Yea, I hope, the only good that might come from this is so fun seat time on my gt's and sub compact.

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,464 Thanks
  • 39,695 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 01:00 PM

Sorry to hear of the issues. Sounds like some serious seat time coming!

#5 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 01:04 PM

Rather than pay someone to do it, buy a backhoe attachment and do the work yourself, you already have the FEL. That way, you're only paying for materials and getting a backhoe out of it. Septic work isn't rocket science, it just has to roll down hill.
Also, you could do what my boss does, slide the inspector a few hundred to go away.:rofl2::rofl2:

#6 Chappy OFFLINE  

Chappy

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6864
  • 3 Thanks
  • 28 posts
  • Location: Prince Edward County Ontario, Canada,, the Island community

Posted November 13, 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hey Fonz, I know your pain , something like this always spoils life for awhile.
But on the other hand you shouldnt have to worry about it ever again, and can spend some time on stuff you already have..
Keep your chin up

Chappy

#7 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 01:10 PM

Sorry to hear of all the problems
At least you'll get some tractor time out of it .....

#8 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 01:59 PM

Yea some seat time will be fun! I thought about diggin it by myself, but at 1st it sounded easy, then I got the drawing of all the different crap that needed to be done. I thought it be a better idea to leave it to a professional

#9 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 03:11 PM

Yea some seat time will be fun! I thought about diggin it by myself, but at 1st it sounded easy, then I got the drawing of all the different crap that needed to be done. I thought it be a better idea to leave it to a professional

You may be right! Right after I moved last December in I had a plimbing problem. Jody B a guy I went to school with ( who does plumbing andSeptic installations) said he had inspected the system before I bought.
It is sound but he said if it had to be replaced, the tank was too small to be legal under current regulations and it would cost 10-15 K to be replaced. We are taking cre of the system we have.

If a pro does the istallation, he works dily with the inspector and is not likely to have to jump through the hoops a private individual would.
Plus they carry insurance to cover incidents.
I helped my Dad install many 40 yrs ago and while it was regulated, it's a whole new ballgame these days.

#10 plowboy OFFLINE  

plowboy

TRACTOROLOGIST

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 06:57 AM

sorry 2 hear what happen! im from Lewiston,NY...not far from u @ all & i had a similar issue when the line leading outa the house broke. created a sink hole in no time & when it was dug up my yard looked like it wd nvr be nice again! It'll turn around for ya & speakin of seat time, they say wer sup 2 be gettin a pretty heavy winter in our area as far as snow fall!

#11 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 07:46 AM

Well I just checked out the long term forecast. Its gonna be in the 50's again next weekend!!!! I need some more time to do some fall work, so I hope the weather holds out for another few weekends!!!

#12 plowboy OFFLINE  

plowboy

TRACTOROLOGIST

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 11:21 AM

you & me both!! Best of luck 2 you on ur projects!!