Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Simplicity serf engine

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 485DEERE OFFLINE  

485DEERE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7404
  • 3 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 10:07 PM

I have a really nice serf 525 that is getting tired. Anyone here have any leads where to find and engine for this tractor. Also,anyone here know where any serf tractors are setting for parts? I have had no luck finding anything other than parts books and pictures of these tractors. I would greatly appreciate any help i could get here. Thanks so much

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 658 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 01:52 AM

:welcometogttalk:
  • 485DEERE said thank you

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,291 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 05:49 AM

485DEERE,welcome to the forum,glad to have you with us.

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 12,030 Thanks
  • 25,532 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 06:07 AM

Welcome! I'm in the dark here, whats a serf engine?

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 7,211 Thanks
  • 12,436 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 07:31 AM

Welcome to the forum! We could use some pictures of your tractor and some more info. on the engine. I also have not heard of an serf engine.

#6 485DEERE OFFLINE  

485DEERE

Tractorholic

• 3 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 09:30 AM

http://gardentractor...33&d=1321193886

#7 485DEERE OFFLINE  

485DEERE

Tractorholic

• 3 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 09:40 AM

thanks to all who welcomed me aboard. the serf series was produce in thee late 60's through the early 70's. there were/are quite possibly the smallest true garden tractor ever produced. they built a full line of attachments for them, all unique to this tractor in size. it is powered by a 5hp B/S "big block" , which is taller than a normal 5 horse, although it is still an aluminum engine. some of the more rare ones' had electric start and headlights. seeing as how these are so small, i suspect most of them ended up in the junk pile. they are very tough to locate, and i have seen very little of them in the last 2 years. i am ALWAYS looking for tractors and attachments, and will pay a cash finders fee to anyone leading me to these tractors or attachments for them. thanks again to all, this is a great site for the user and collector alike!

#8 SimplicitySwede OFFLINE  

SimplicitySwede

• Member No: 4073
  • 57 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 12:09 PM

I have some LT parts but no serf parts. I had a chance to buy one but 125 was to steap for me. the engines remind me of the old style push mower or tiller engines. I got a Yeoman I restored, a 728 Broadmoor, 738 Broadmoor, both needrestored, and an all orginal 707 Broadmoor. Have 2 ACs i need to redo. and couple parts Simplicitys. PM me i might have something u need

#9 485DEERE OFFLINE  

485DEERE

Tractorholic

• 3 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 09:01 PM

I have some LT parts but no serf parts. I had a chance to buy one but 125 was to steap for me. the engines remind me of the old style push mower or tiller engines. I got a Yeoman I restored, a 728 Broadmoor, 738 Broadmoor, both needrestored, and an all orginal 707 Broadmoor. Have 2 ACs i need to redo. and couple parts Simplicitys. PM me i might have something u need

please let me know if you ever come across any serf tractors. i am pretty much to the point where price is of no concern to me. they are so hard to find that i would buy anything i could at this point. thank you so much!

#10 ACguy1994 OFFLINE  

ACguy1994

Banned

• Banned
  • Member No: 7491
  • 5 Thanks
  • 182 posts

Posted November 22, 2011 - 07:17 AM

i was at an estate auction with more allis chalmers and simplicities then you could imagine, over a dozen or so of each. serfs went for like 25-100 bucks. and no i didnt buy one.

#11 485DEERE OFFLINE  

485DEERE

Tractorholic

• 3 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:23 PM

still and always looking for serf tractors and attachments.................any shape, ANY price  thanks all. i have been away for awhile due to some health issues. good to be back and reading here!!!

• VintageIronCollector said thank you

#12 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Too Much Free Time

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 716 Thanks
  • 999 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:28 PM

still and always looking for serf tractors and attachments.................any shape, ANY price  thanks all. i have been away for awhile due to some health issues. good to be back and reading here!!!

Like a mower deck? I got one and for $10 OBO it's yours.

#13 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Too Much Free Time

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 716 Thanks
  • 999 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:32 PM

http://gardentractor...eck#entry406043