• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted April 07, 2012 - 08:16 AM

I don't think this was made for cutting trees down could be for saplings and small trees and brush but i do find videos of guys cutting trees with it, yikes! I was doing some research on it there is another piece that goes with it, it does turn and lock in the vertical position and there is a cradle that attaches to it and it can be used as a buzz saw, for now I'm going to put it away till i have some time to fool with it, no i think I'll get it running first and see what i can do with it.

#17 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 07, 2012 - 09:06 AM

Man,that's a neat looking set up,with the saw and all.

#18 DB1 OFFLINE  

DB1

• Member No: 7710
  • 272 Thanks
  • 282 posts

Posted April 07, 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi Ya,ll,

Here are some pictures taken at the David Bradley Traveling Museum. If you get a chance to see this trailer on wheels packed with D.B. goodies it is well worth it. They have history on the company with pictures, implements and of course several of our beloved tractors including the Surburan.

Attached Thumbnails

• 079.jpg
  • 085.1.jpg

• wrbourget and Steven N have said thanks

#19 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted April 07, 2012 - 03:37 PM

I found a brush cutter just about like it, but it's a different brand.

#20 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted April 08, 2012 - 07:19 AM

I found a brush cutter just about like it, but it's a different brand.

Got pictures?

#21 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted April 08, 2012 - 11:32 AM

Now yet,I will have in a couple of weeks, when I make another trip up that way.

#22 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted April 09, 2012 - 11:52 AM

I have put it up for sale I have decided i don't need it or want it for obvious reasons.

Attached Thumbnails

• pearsaw.jpg

• DB1 said thank you

#23 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 07:37 PM

This is my latest find I love the saw and can't wait to try it.

Engine running.jpg

It lives I started taking the flywheel off to clean the points but after getting the cover off i checked for spark and it had spark, then i removed the carb and took it apart and it was like new so i put it all together and put gas in it checked the oil and it started on the second pull.
Someone told me what they thought was the history of this machine I was told it was bought new and parked and never used and that was what prompted me to try to get it running. It might be a true story because the engine oil and transaxle fluids were clean like it was never used the electrode on the plug looked like it was new the carburetor was mint inside and it still had spark. The engine runs perfect no valve noise and it don't smoke, not even a little, well what ever the story is it just went up in value even the gas tank and fuel line is OE and in good shape .

#24 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 12:34 AM

I have put it up for sale I have decided i don't need it or want it for obvious reasons.

Ok im curious, what is it your selling?? The tractor/saw in the picture or something else you have. I know who owns the one in the picture of that post.

#25 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 07:50 AM

I was trying to sell the whole thing but every one just wants the saw piece, it was something i didn't want but ended up with it any way it has a reel mower, bottom plow, wheel harrow, dozer blade, sickle bar mower, and a saw attachment. It wasn't running when i got it and it looked like it would never run without a lot of work but with little work it runs and operates and now i'm not sure what it is worth running and all the attachment and it seems that saw is something that sot after .

#26 sdevine OFFLINE  

sdevine

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4489
  • 56 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted August 07, 2012 - 05:36 PM

Are you talking about one of these? I got this one with a pair of DB's and intended to use the engine for one of the DB's. I would be interested in selling it or trading it. I would like a disc, a rototiller attachment, or a lawnmower attachment if anyone is interested.
IM002845.JPG

#27 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted August 09, 2012 - 01:16 AM

No the saw he's talking about would fit on one of your full sized models. They are a complete bitch to get mounted and once you do you wont be wanting to take it back off.
The saw you have is the small DB brush unit made in the mid 50's. You could also get a mower head, a generator, and a few other items that worked with this unit. Most of them are not ground drive, but you could buy an optional kit that would give you powered wheels. Yours looks to be in good shape, the only things i see missing in the pic are the blade and the tubing for the air filter that would have run up the handel bars. There are a few people who collect these units, but since they only came in about 3 models you dont get a very big collection going.
"
There was also a big unit made, that the DB collectors call the" Saw from Hell." That one will hurt you if your not on top of the game. Most of them were powered by a Z or K briggs, had 16" tires and a huge curved iron neck with a saw blade attached it. Like the other 2 units it could either fell or buck trees, at least 20" in dia. They also made a buck table that the saw blade end fit into so you could cut up small limbs and make kindleing with. None of the big units had wheel power, so you had to push the monster from place to place. It weighted as much as the DB walking tractors did.
  • Alc said thank you