#1 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 02:51 PM

What do you think a refurbished 1966 RF 110 would bring.? I have mine in the classifieds but thinking maybe its too high? I've included a Pic. of it.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0488.JPG

#2 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 03:03 PM

I was at an action last week and one brought 450.00. No battery said it ran and deck quills tight.

#3 markdombroski OFFLINE  

markdombroski

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6157
  • 196 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 04:07 PM

I think that it depends on "Refurbished". I have seen fully restored 110 tractors that are fully restored command over $1000. However, less than full restore would bring in less. I see running systems on craigslist average around $450. Mostly between $300 - $600 depending on condition. I would recommend doing your own Craigslist search on 110s. There are nationwide search tools that can help you do this. Additionally, what people ask on Craigslist will be higher than what they sell for. I noticed that it needs some decals (hood, deck, chassis...etc) and foot pad grips. 1963 models will command much more because they are rare. 1964 and higher round fender 110s are very common. Hope this helps. I personally would list your system at between $500 - $700. Depending on the interest level, you may settle for less. - Mark

Edited by markdombroski, November 11, 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#4 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 04:41 PM

Its not a rattle can paint job and everything that was wrong with it was fixed if that's what you mean. I'm more of a Cub Cadet guy myself that's why I'm selling it. I don't call my tractors restored because I don't think I'm that good yet. But its not poor by any means.

#5 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 05:05 PM

Search Tempest is a craigs list tool that allows you to search several cities depending how large you make your search radius, 25 miles to any distance. That may help if you don't see many listed locally.
Here's the link--> http://www.google.co...Ef_LFJYNRfWl-_w

#6 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 05:27 PM

Prices are really driven by region and availability. On the coasts prices are much higher than out here in Minnesota/Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin/Nebraska/Kansas.

Tractor looks nice but the missing decals are a real turn off for me. I don't doubt your work but it looks incomplete and lacks the curb appeal of a fully dressed RF. How is the engine and transaxle?

#7 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 05:31 PM

LTD,

If it were mine to sell, I'd list it for $450.00. As a restorer's point of view, I can't spend more than $250.00 for a tractor that would require a complete restoration, but if the tractor is in good original condition, with no motor or transmission work required, then I'd consider spending a little more, since I don't have to put much into it. Anything more than $250.00 for a tractor needing help, will be a loss when trying to resell, since a restoration can cost an additional $800.00 - $1,000.00 easy.

In your case though, if the tractor is only needing hood decals, a good cleaning and waxing, then I think you'd be in the ballpark starting at $450.00, if it won't cost you a loss. I don't know what kind of monies you already have into the tractor for repairs and paint, so you will need to determine just how much you really need out of it. This is just my opinion, and how I look at things from both a collector and restorer's point of view. I'm mostly in the collecting end, and don't sell a lot of tractors, so take my opinion for what's it's worth.

Good luck with selling it, and hope you can make some money off of it.

#8 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 05:33 PM

Travs1, You think it would be worth it to buy decals? I agree it doesn't look as nice without them. The engine and transmission are in v. good shape and the engine has been rebuilt.

#9 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 09:01 PM

I think the decals would really complete it. Hapcoparts.com sells all that your need for a RF restoration. I would think they would easily pay for themselves.

#10 markdombroski OFFLINE  

markdombroski

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6157
  • 196 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 09:15 PM

Its not a rattle can paint job and everything that was wrong with it was fixed if that's what you mean. I'm more of a Cub Cadet guy myself that's why I'm selling it. I don't call my tractors restored because I don't think I'm that good yet. But its not poor by any means.

Hi LTD, re-read my previous reply and I wanted to highlight that it looks like you did a great job on the refurbishment of this 110. Doing this this work, takes a lot of effort and deserves appreciation. I wrote my reply post in a hurry with my "Critical Evaluation" cap on and neglected to take the time to say what a good job you did.

Best Regards,

- Mark
  • LTD said thank you

#11 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 10:11 PM

Decal kit from Hapco is only $80

Tractor Decal Kit_3

Posted Image

#12 Brett OFFLINE  

Brett

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7141
  • 78 Thanks
  • 287 posts

Posted November 30, 2011 - 04:34 PM

I agree with Trav1s - Put the decals on it will really finish it off. I think you'll get more out of it for sure. Looks good!

#13 moshdirtjumpr OFFLINE  

moshdirtjumpr

• Member No: 5287
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 30, 2011 - 08:27 PM

LTD-I would post it on weekendfreedommachines in their calssified ads. A true 1966 is more rare than alot of the others. I am sure it would go for your asking price on there.

#14 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 30, 2011 - 09:49 PM

Why would a 1966 110 be more rare or valuable than others?

The hot years of the RF's are the 63's and 64's with all their quirks. The 65-67 tractors are all pretty much the same other than the 67's foot boards are welded on v/s the bolted on boards of the 65-66's. If it had a hydraulic lift that would add to desirability.

If it was a 1966 112 than you would have a goldmine on your hands...