7 replies to this topic

#1 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 01:33 PM

I final got my my blower on and running it took a while to decide how to make the lift. I tried and failed using levers and cables pulling on the mower lift. Finally I removed the mower lift cylinder and made brackets to lift the blower and extended the hoses out to the front of the tractor. The blower is craftsman/haban 46" I bought online very heavy solid machine, it used to be driven by belts to a angle drive to a drive shaft under the main frame of the blower.I extended the lower shaft and built a pillow block system to hold the input shaft from the belly PTO output of the tractor I used sprockets to drive each other , I can switch them around to speed the blower up if I need to. I was unsure of the factory drive speed of the snow blower

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0920.jpg
  • IMG_0921.jpg
  • 101_0422.jpg
  • 101_0423.jpg
  • 101_0426.jpg
  • 101_0431.jpg
  • 101_0433.jpg

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 02:22 PM

Looks like a great setup. Thanks for posting.

Great use of the Lift Cyl. I bet that 2 stage really throws it out there in high speed.

#3 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,861 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 02:24 PM

Looking good there ErnRemy.
You are definitively ready for with ever Mother Nature throw at you.

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 02:25 PM

Very good nice fab work Ernremy, glad you have a working setup for this winter.

#5 plowboy OFFLINE  

plowboy

TRACTOROLOGIST

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 02:45 PM

i know all about gettin snow & i dislike every part of it except playin in it w/ a tractor. i use my wheelhorse w/ a regular blade. works great on my big driveway. Your set up looks great & ready 2 handle the winter nasty! lol....great job!!

#6 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 03:42 PM

just cleared about 4-6 inches of snow yesterday now I need to put some chains on the front tires they just skid when the blower is down. I have heard of guys using lengths of roller link chain around a deflated tire has anybody done this and does it work? The blower does throw well but I am glad I have 25 horses under the hood. I might change the drive sprockets around to speed it up more.

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 05:28 PM

You can probably get chains for the front tires but you need to make sure you have clearance for them. I've never needed them so have no experience using them. You may be able to add some weight to the front end to help with steering. Also, if the blower is digging in you may look at using bigger skid shoes. Do you have a float on the lift valve? If not, that could cause trouble as well. Lifting it slightly will load the front tires and help with turning. It looks like a real beast of a blower! Nice job on the mount/lift!

#8 kubotakid OFFLINE  

kubotakid

• Member No: 2383
  • 5 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 10:17 PM

Wow, thats a nice tractor,..and attachments, you said 25 hp?? what did you do for engine?? I like the roller chain installed on deflated tire, depending on drive surface,..chains? or get a spare set of front tires and rims and install hex washer head sheet metal screws,..good for ice, a mentioned If you carry the blower just a tad,. might be ok, Nice rig you put together, Eric