#241 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 08:26 AM

Here are the last of my pictures from my phone, I'll try to get the picture off the camera tomorrow.
IMAG0622.jpg IMAG0623.jpg IMAG0624.jpg
  • grand, Gtractor and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#242 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 10:18 AM

I just got done uploading all of the photos that we took at the show. I think it was around 550 of them. Here is a link to the album: http://gardentractor...r-extravaganza/

Or you can click on the following media link:

• powerking56, Gtractor, IamSherwood and 4 others have said thanks

#243 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 05:40 PM

Wanna thank you for the extensive tour of the event, high # quality shots, :thumbs: :thumbs: now we don't worry about film, but 'did I miss anything..' like The Bolens, they seemed scarce., Guess when you wanna see 'em, gotta bring 'em. :(
Looked like an awesome gathering overall !!

#244 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 05:45 PM

I still have some video to put together yet too and will do a write up on the event when I get a little more time.
  • chris m said thank you

#245 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 01:12 AM

Wanna thank you for the extensive tour of the event, high # quality shots, :thumbs: :thumbs: now we don't worry about film, but 'did I miss anything..' like The Bolens, they seemed scarce., Guess when you wanna see 'em, gotta bring 'em. :(

You know thats what i thought also. I brought out the only display of two tractors and one of them a Bolens. I only saw one other DB in the lineup and another one pulling a cart around the grounds. There were many poor condition, over priced ones in the flea areas, and it seems that the choremaster butt buggys were popular at this show. there was also one Great Lakes junior chief doing that kind of service. Other than that walking tractors didnt exist on the grounds. Just acres of ride on's.

#246 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 478 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 08:42 AM

There was a bunch of db down where the club members where setup.Weather we like it or not the hobby is growing and that means prices are going up.If there is something you want you better get it now.In the last 3 weeks lagt has grown by 2000 new subscribers.Later Josh

#247 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted June 13, 2012 - 09:56 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
  • josh deaven, IamSherwood, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#248 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 13, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Thanks for all the great pictures guys. Sure looks like it was a good show. Wish
I could've been there.

#249 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 07:12 AM

:yeah_that: Lots of great stuff!

#250 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 08:19 PM

I know what you mean about the Bolens. I went around the show grounds to only get pics of Bolens and found them very hard to find. I knew that George and Erica had already gotten pics of just about everything and decided not to post my pics. Not being too computer literate I can't transfer the picture here, but if you look at Chuck's last post with pics, on the fourth row down, the second pic is actually a Bolens. The lime green machine is mounted on a 1993 Bolens tractor. When I talked with the owner he said that it is still the original hood, which he opened, and the rest was added with supports and fiberglass. It is used as a pace vehicle for lawn mower races and can run up to 40 mph. I did see it run behind the track as we were watching the garden tractor rodeo, and it does get some speed going down the track.

Edited by grand, June 14, 2012 - 08:21 PM.

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#251 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 10:58 PM

I know what you mean about the Bolens. I went around the show grounds to only get pics of Bolens and found them very hard to find. I knew that George and Erica had already gotten pics of just about everything and decided not to post my pics. Not being too computer literate I can't transfer the picture here, but if you look at Chuck's last post with pics, on the fourth row down, the second pic is actually a Bolens. The lime green machine is mounted on a 1993 Bolens tractor. When I talked with the owner he said that it is still the original hood, which he opened, and the rest was added with supports and fiberglass. It is used as a pace vehicle for lawn mower races and can run up to 40 mph. I did see it run behind the track as we were watching the garden tractor rodeo, and it does get some speed going down the track.

:say_what: Do you mean the 'Grasshopper thingie'? I immediately wanted to know what that was about but never dreamed it had anything to do with Bolens! what a peice of work. What else is hiding under there that takes it to 40mph and can I have one???

#252 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 08:09 AM

We had a really great time at the show and it was awesome getting to meet members from that neck of the woods. I still have video to put together but I am not sure how it turned out so I will try and do what I can this weekend and get a short article written on the show and posted to the home page.
  • josh deaven and KennyP have said thanks

#253 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for all the pics and videos everybody! Looks like a decent Power King turnout. I am glad to see all the members were able to get together for a group shot!

#254 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,521 Thanks
  • 3,916 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for all the great pictures every one, it was very interesting looking at them all. Sounded like it was a great show.

#255 TimHky86 OFFLINE  

TimHky86
  • Member No: 10215
  • 2 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 10:01 AM

i wish i would have known about this forum and about the show in evansville so i could gone last weekend

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: indiana, extravaganza, lagt