6 replies to this topic

#1 mixedbreed96 OFFLINE  

mixedbreed96

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7095
  • 11 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 02:44 PM

im getting a 212 on saturday and i was wondering if i could get a loader for it?

#2 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 08:44 PM

I do not think it will work the way you want it too. It will not have the volume of oil in the system for the cylinders to work properly for lifting the unit and the bucket.
I am put a Front End Loader on my 110 , which later I can put on my 212 or 214. The FEL should have it own pump and valve controls system for the cylinders.
It might work if you loader is something the Johnny bucket.
Or if you use the hydraulic to lift the unit and had a trip bucket like some of the regular farm tractor have. You will have to use quick connector to switch back and forth from the cylinder that mounts under the tractor for lifting a tiller or snow blower, to the lift cylinders on the FEL. That might work, it would be fun to try.
  • mixedbreed96 said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 09:00 PM

There were at least 2 aftermarket manufacturers of Loaders that built units for those series. I found a couple of old ads for them.
model_10_1.jpg

At least one of these flyers say "Using Tractor Hydraulic System" so I assume no add'l pump was required on some of these. The Kwik Way does have an aux pump shown.

Attached Thumbnails

• model_10m_10tc_12.jpg
  • model_10m.jpg

Attached Files

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 12:37 PM

Since a 212 is gear driven it won't have a hydro to use as a pump so it would need an external pump that runs off the PTO. I'm sure it can be done.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 04:42 PM

It would be the Kwik Way manual above then, it shows belt driven pumps for all models.

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 07:31 AM

That Kwik Way manual has a very good illustration of how the pump is driven. Anyone thinking of DIY'ing one would do well to look at it.

#7 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4149
  • 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 03:53 PM

im getting a 212 on saturday and i was wondering if i could get a loader for it?

The following 200 series can take a Loader 200, 208, 210, 212, 214 & 216 as Long as it Uses a Loader with a Belt driven PTO Pump Johnson made a Loader for 110 & 112 Fender deck Models and that Loader will fit on the 200 series I Listed Plus If You can find a Kwik-way Loader with a Belt driven set Up Other Loaders from Kwik-way May fit and It Most cases all You need to do is Buy a different Pump set Up and Sub frame for example the Kwik-way Loader I Have on my White GT2055 will fit on either a Case 400 or a Ingersoll 4000 series and all it Needs is a Different Pump set Up so a Say you find a Kwik-way Loader for a sears Suburban it may fit on your 212.

But if You want to a Build a Loader for your 212 I would also Think about these Two companies that make Kits that would Probably work on your 212 Home and CadPlans Corporation - Where you can find designs, tips and order information to build your own backhoes, diggers and MORE! :thumbs:
  • Alc said thank you