• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 jacob g OFFLINE  

jacob g

• Member No: 5539
  • 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 07:41 PM

Oh yeah.. Almost forgot! I checked the oil sensor. it was not screwed in all the way. I took it out and cleaned it up a bit and put it back in. I ran it for about 20 minutes and I don't think any oil has leaked since.

#17 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 10:50 PM

Won't damage anything that I know of. It is just a low pressure booster pump that feeds the injector pump. I've run with one of mine unplugged. If you run out of fuel you will play heck getting the system to prime without that pump running. All three of mine make a light ticking sound when they are pumping. Try putting your hand on it to see if you can feel anything. Otherwise you can take your test light and poke the pointed end through the insulation and see if you have voltage there with the key on. Be careful you don't poke yourself.
If what your saying is correct that white wire should be glowing like a toaster element unless someone has reversed the battery cables and the positive battery cable is now your ground cable. That can't be though as your starter would be turning the wrong way. I really can't think of any reason for that white wire to be there. The black wire with the blue stake on connectors is just a ground wire. I'm trying to remember but I don't think that looks like an original pump.
Before I forget, see those four bolts going through the frame below the fuel pump? Make sure they are tight. The four on the other side also. They can come loose and break off or fall out.
You must have gotten the foot pedal off?

#18 jacob g OFFLINE  

jacob g

• 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 07:55 AM

Thanks Chris. I have a lot to look at! I didn't get the foot pedal off yet. I took the right rear wheel off to get to the pump.

#19 jacob g OFFLINE  

jacob g

• 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 08:48 PM

It's been a while since I posted anything about this. i have been running the mower without the fuel pump, and I've been having to charge the battery about once a month because the alternater wasn't working. All this time the hour meter has not been working either. so, it was kinda working until Friday it died. It seemed like it ran out of fuel but there was still about a half a tank... I didn't have time to fiddle with it then so I let it sit until this afternoon. I was getting ready to remove the battery and i noticed something. the battery cables were reversed.

So, I found the Gremlin..... it was me! I must have done it last summer when i did some tinkering with the wiring and then put the battery back in when I was finished.

DUFUS!

Well... I put them back in their correct places, and turned the key. TA DA!!! The fuel pump came on, and the hour meter started clicking away.... I guess I will find out pretty soon if the alternater is working again too...

Anyway. I guess I just wanted to share my stupid. Hope none of it rubs off on any of you!

#20 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 10:04 AM

Don't be too hard on yourself. Poop happens to everyone and it's nice to know that you have it running again.
Have you had to put fuel in it yet? :)

#21 jacob g OFFLINE  

jacob g

• 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Thanks. yeah it uses about 2.5 gallons to mow my yard twice, but it is still much better than the old mower. my old mower (gas) would use at least twice that.