• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 jacob g OFFLINE  

jacob g

• Member No: 5539
  • 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hello! I wanted to share few pictures of my G4200. Thanks to everyone that has helped me with a few issues. I still need to work on the wiring. I have found and replaced a few wires that were bad. The hour meter worked this summer when I got it, but after I mowed twice (about 3 hours) it stopped working. It's now on 922 hours. I'm sure there is still a bad wire somewhere... It's been a good machine so far.

DSCF0026.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0019.jpg
  • DSCF0018.jpg

#2 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,488 Thanks
  • 5,017 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 09:56 PM

Very nice looking machine. For some reason the hoods on these seem to take a beating but yours looks good. 900 hours is considered low hours for one of these. I have over 2000 on mine and it still doesn't use any oil.
Enjoy your mower and thanks for the photos.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,643 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 06:23 PM

Yep, good looking machine. I can't remember how many hours are on mine. Have to look tomorrow.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 08:04 PM

Nice looking 'bota. Bet it does a great job.

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 08:05 PM

Nice solid Kubota. You might want to check the chassis to battery - terminal connections. A bad return connection to the battery will cause all sorts of electrical problems.

#6 jacob g OFFLINE  

jacob g

• 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 07:29 PM

Thanks. Mine leaks oil from around the oil sensor by the filter. Is this normal? I guess I need to replace it. The oil is leaking onto the wires getting into the connections.

It also has a leak in the fuel line that returns to the top of the fuel tank. It doesn't leak very much - just enough to attract dust, dirt, and gunk from mowing the grass. What's the best way to get to the top of the tank? Since the line runs underneath a piece of metal under the seat, I figured I could just take off the seat and fenders and then remove the metal plate. Well.... I couldn't get the fenders off because the screw holding the foot pedal on the shaft is stuck. It's not easy to get to either! I damaged the screw trying to get it out, and now I don't have a clue how to remove it. I put it all back together and still have a leak in the fuel line....

#7 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,488 Thanks
  • 5,017 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 10:15 PM

The fuel line your talking about is the return line from the injectors. Shouldn't be much more than a dribble going through it. You do have to take the seat pan off to get to the top of the tank although I have not had to work in this area yet. I don't know why but it seems to me that there is or was a roll pin holding my pedals on. Not a screw. I'll see if I can remember to look tomorrow. Work on too many different tractors to remember for sure.

It is not unusual for older oil sensors to leak and should be replace. First make sure it is not loose in the block.

#8 jacob g OFFLINE  

jacob g

• 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 11:46 AM

Thanks Chris. I will take a look at the sensor this weekend. Does it screw in? Do i need to drain out the oil before I replace it?

How do you think I can get that screw out of the pedal shaft? It is a flat-head screw and it is not in an easy to get to place.

#9 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 12:29 PM

Nice looking machine. Hope you chase down all the gremlins.

#10 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,488 Thanks
  • 5,017 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 09:03 PM

I forgot to look. I'll go out and look right now.
You should not have to drain the oil to replace the sensor. There will probably be a small amount come out but it shouldn't be anything major.

#11 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,488 Thanks
  • 5,017 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 09:39 PM

I checked my tractor and parts manual. The manual shows a roll pin and that is what is in my tractor. I would guess that someone drove out your pin and lost it so they drove a screw in there. Now your going to have to drive it out with a punch from the bottom. When you get it out you might want to replace it with the roll pin again. Maybe even a small hitch pin with a hair pin clip so it is easier to get out next time.

#12 jacob g OFFLINE  

jacob g

• 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 10:05 AM

Thanks! I will take a look at that today.

#13 jacob g OFFLINE  

jacob g

• 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 02:57 PM

I found a wire I don't understand. there is a wire going from the positive battery post down under the tractor and back to where the negative wire from the fuel pump is hooked to the frame... I don't see this wire in the parts book or the manual. Is this supposed to be there?

1112111452 (2).jpg

#14 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,488 Thanks
  • 5,017 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 07:14 PM

I believe what you have pictured there is your electric fuel pump. I'm guessing that is the power wire to that pump. It should go through the ignition switch so when you turn the key to the run position that pump should be energized. If that wire went straight from the positive post on the battery to ground, it would be a dead short and would have burned off long ago. You need to listen and see if that pump is running when the key is shut off. If it is, it is wired wrong.

#15 jacob g OFFLINE  

jacob g

• 0 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 07:40 PM

Thanks Chris. The red wire going to the pump is the power wire that is hooked to the switch. the black wire with the blue connectors is in contact with the black wire coming from the pump (isn't that the negative wire?). And the white wire in the picture (also hooked to the black wire coming from the pump) goes back to the positive post on the battery.

should I hear the fuel pump when I turn on the key? I don't hear anything so i don't think it is working at all. Is it possible for the engine to be ok without the fuel pump working, or will it damage something?