Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:05 AM

hope that it ended up in your garage...

#122 Deere Green OFFLINE  

Deere Green

• Member No: 7192
  • 24 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:30 AM

Got a little more done on the trailer yesterday. Here are a few pictures.

had to make a few temp braces to hold in place and it worked ok...

IMAG1540.jpg

think the rear is a little out of square so i am going to have to release those welds and strighten it up a bit.

IMAG1541.jpg

IMAG1542.jpg

here it is in a little mockup. the cart is going to set above the wheels when it is finished so i can use pully to power a vac/blower or other attachments as well. i was going to take a piece of 2X2 angle about 6" long to bolt this on to the trailer frame but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas for a quick attachment and removal setup.

IMAG1543.jpg

this is an idea of what i am going for with regard to the attachment.

trail.jpg

trail2.jpg

#123 Deere Green OFFLINE  

Deere Green

• 24 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:49 AM

was able to locate a $50 drive shaft. so now time to find time to put it in

#124 Deere Green OFFLINE  

Deere Green

• 24 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 11:16 AM

Here are a few picture updates for the drive shaft repair.

IMAG1562.jpg
Rear fender pan removed

IMAG1564.jpg

IMAG1566.jpg
Drive shaft that is toast

IMAG1567.jpg
old and new (like new) drive shafts

IMAG1568.jpg
Tractor ready for reassembly

Really tempted to start the paint process sense I have the thing appart but my luck the day I start painting we will get 12" of snow and I will have no plow tractor. Also was thinking of a different paint job, any comments on color? Really liked the paint job that a member did on their 70 last year I think, was a different shade of yellow. I was thinking yellow body, black wheels and green accents.

And Santa I would like some Ag tires that fill the entire fender well for Christmas. Please ship them to NE so they are here in time for the snow. Thanks and remember

imagesCAJKSPGH.jpg

#125 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:17 PM

Really tempted to start the paint process sense I have the thing appart but my luck the day I start painting we will get 12" of snow and I will have no plow tractor. Also was thinking of a different paint job, any comments on color? Really liked the paint job that a member did on their 70 last year I think, was a different shade of yellow. I was thinking yellow body, black wheels and green accents.

ONe thing I learned quickly about Nebraska weather - Don't tempt Mother Nature. Applying paint will certainly assure 12" of snow that I would rather NOT have. :(

As for color, I know that people have done up custom color 317's using dogwood white for the main color (body/wheels/mower deck) and John Deere yellow for the hood and regular yellow seat. Looks different. If that is your thing than I say go for it. :thumbs: I am contemplating a custom color treatment for my 1966 110. Why? Because I can. :smilewink:

AS for the 70 you mentioned, Lowell called that tractor a "70i" with the "i" standing for "industrial." He borrowed the colors and paint scheme from the JD line of industrial equipment.

#126 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:25 PM

Please forgive my link to another forum: http://www.weekendfr.../17/211260.html

Attached Thumbnails

• 317 Patio.jpg

#127 Deere Green OFFLINE  

Deere Green

• 24 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 09:38 AM

Had to get a little creative with the motor mount that broke off. Here is what I came up with...

IMAG1570.jpg

IMAG1571.jpg

Maybe sometime down the line I can repower but for now we can see how she holds up. Now time to get her back together.

#128 Deere Green OFFLINE  

Deere Green

• 24 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 09:41 AM

Please forgive my link to another forum: http://www.weekendfr.../17/211260.html

Forgiven... now this is what I was talking about by filling up the fenderwell. what size rubber you suppose these meat eaters are?

211315.jpg

#129 Deere Green OFFLINE  

Deere Green

• 24 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 04:26 PM

The 317 is assembled and running like a champ. Amazing the difference a new drive shaft will make...doesn't act like it is going to fall apart now when i start it.

IMAG1572.jpg

Decided to wait on the paint and finish the trailer first.

#130 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 497 Thanks
  • 579 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 10:11 AM

Nice machine and idea with the spare trans. my only problem is that it would need to be heavy to keep the wheels from spinning when any secondary attachment is under load. All of the trans gearings are reversed, therefore its going to need a lot of "umph" behind it. Would make one heck of a spreader though.

#131 Deere Green OFFLINE  

Deere Green

• 24 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:10 PM

yes the weight will be something to figure out. will have to put my thinking cap on when i get to that point.

#132 Deere Green OFFLINE  

Deere Green

• 24 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 10:20 AM

The weather man is saying snow.

"A winter storm will start impacting much of the area Wednesday afternoon and continue through Wednesday night.
Areas of heavy snow along with substantial blowing and drifting snow are expected to develop over the area Wednesday, perhaps as early as early afternoon but especially by late afternoon. A Winter Storm Warning has been posted for southwest Iowa and for Eastern Nebraska southeast of a line from David City to Decatur" we will see how accurate this is in the morning :rolling:

:driving_big_tractor:

There should be a plow on this thing. anyway i say let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. the 12" they are talking about will be fun to play in. even got the chains out and ready this morning.
  • Trav1s said thank you

#133 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 11:03 AM

I hear ya! The RF 110 will handle about 8" max in one full swipe. Any more than that and I take a half blade width.
This was two years ago and this was the 2nd time out that day.
Posted Image

Edited by Trav1s, December 19, 2012 - 11:05 AM.

• Deere Green said thank you

#134 Deere Green OFFLINE  

Deere Green

• 24 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 10:23 AM

It snowed...and then it snowed some more. So I can finally say the weatherman was right! I will have to get some pictures up tonight but the deere did well. Without the chains I would have been in a world of hurt but I didn't have to get off the tractor a single time to get unstuck, unlike last year. My neighbor has a 2 stage snowblower that he was struggling with for an hour with the chute clogging up so I took the plow over and we made a 10 min. job of his driveway. first snow is always so fun!

#135 Deere Green OFFLINE  

Deere Green

• 24 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:36 AM

well I have been itching for some more snow and I got it last night.  so this morning I got to have a few hours of fun.  My neighbors all look at me a little funny as I am plowing our circle.

here she is after her workout. 

IMAG1664.jpg

picture of the work she did.

IMAG1665.jpg