New to here, heres my wards 14

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Towguy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7349
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 10:40 PM

The frame looks good the tractor does not look abused it just sat out side for a long time. When I got it there was no spark, the points were dirty. I think I am just going to glue the stickers back on and I just need to find an air filter and housing.

#17 plowboy OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 09:07 AM

welcome.....restoring back to original can always be fun j rewarding. if u decide to alter on paint, look around at pics. alota guys changed colors givin their tractor their own personal touch. good luck u already seem to be on the rght track!

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,667 Thanks
  • 39,051 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 09:12 AM

Towguy, before you put the stickers back on, take some good pics of them with measurements of the letters. Someone may be able to make a reasonable facsimile of them for future users.

#19 mirrorimage37 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8589
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 01:31 PM

There are some people with plotters and vinyl printers that can match them exact,..even the chrome. Ill try and find the name and number of the guy out here on the east coast that did mine. The 16, 10, 12 and 14 were the same cast single engine from briggs. All same internals except bore was slightly different. You can even get reuild kits for a little over $100. Mostly the hydros crack as they had a different frame and required an additional support for running a tiller. Few people Added the attachment, but tilled or plowed anyway, cracking frames. Now i have seen a few geared s-frames crack but its been after years of abuse and plowing clay. Remember these little guys are almost 40 years old. Little wire wheel, clean up and mig welding and problem solved. We tractor pull with stock frames and have never had a problem. The cast 16s are torque monsters and will last forever, just dont forget to add a lead addative to your gas. Thats what was in the gas when these engines were desinged.