#16 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 03:03 PM

What about making it similar to these jacks with a castor on the bottom.
Posted Image
It has a clamp that holds the jack tube, you flip the lever you can see if you look closely, and it is like a quick release. You can then drop the jack tube down to the desired height and tighten the clamp. You could put a castor on the bottom of it and when you want it, lower it, when you don't lift it out of the way. Only question would be if it lifts if high enough to actually get it out of the way.
Just an idea.

Btw, Nice tractor.

I just love ideas people come up with. BTW that is a fine looking trailer. What is the finished result going to be. I'm thinging a camper, or a portable hunting blind.:smile1:
That ideal is neat, however the front of the tractor when using a tiller dips quit low when turning at the end of the row. I'm working on a way to remove just the swivel wheel for those times it needs to come off in a hurry. I'll post the results.
I sure appreciate the ideals you and others provide on this site. This is still my go to site on the web.

#17 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 08:31 PM

I was afraid that it would be too low. The last few days at work I have been filling nail holes, sanding and finishing trim so i have lots of time to think. I'll have to mull over it tomorrow, see if I can come up with another idea.

That is not my trailer, just an example I used to show those type of jacks. It's a picture I found advertising a kit for a small trailer.

#18 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 05:38 PM

What about a swing-away trailer jack design but with that large pneumatic castor on the bottom. Pull the pin and swing it out of the way and when you need it swing it down. LINK to a pic. Maybe make your own beefier design.

#19 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 06:06 PM

I got some more parts drill and fitted up for the new front wheel mod. Pictures will be coming in the next few days. It's a very simple design. One part to move to drop off the front wheel when not needed. It got a bit to cold for me to spend much time in the shop with the welder and band saw so I did what I could in the basement shop.