Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for December 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#16 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 03:59 PM

I can't. I'm not good at writing. I don't have time to write about myself b/c I have to write about y'all. I don't have anything to write about. sorry..... more deserving people than me for sure! but THANK YOU!! :)

#17 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 05:20 PM

I can't. I'm not good at writing. I don't have time to write about myself b/c I have to write about y'all. I don't have anything to write about. sorry..... more deserving people than me for sure! but THANK YOU!! :)

RIGHT! Editor of a fine magizine,can't write? Is anybody going to buy that?

Hmm Heres an idea, have the kids wite it for you?

#18 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 05:39 PM

It's OK Kate, We'll take care of it for you !! :)

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 05:52 PM

Kate, it would be safer to have your kids write it up instead of these guys. No telling what they would put in there!:bigrofl:

#20 bantam r us OFFLINE  

bantam r us

• Member No: 417
  • 46 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 06:42 PM

xmas 2009 027.jpg Here is my wife's christmas present in 2009. Its a Bantam model 3000. It started when she wouldn't give me any ideas for Christmas so I had to come up with something. It started with an mostly original Bantam model 3000 that was painted the original orange color. I had it stripped and powder coated bright red (her favorite color). The engine tin was powder coated jet black and new decals were applied along with a new clutch and clutch colar. The wheels were not in the best condition so I ordered a new set of polished aluminum wheels and new tires. The accent colors for the seat and steering wheel are school bus yellow. This was all done in our garage two weeks before Christmas where she was not allowed in. Christmas Eve came and it was sleeting outside and needles to say cold and I had to get it into the house and wrapped. So keeping her upstairs I put the Bantam in the back of the truck and backed it up to the front porch and unloaded. When I tried to go thru the front door it was 2 inches too wide, so out to the garage to get a wrench to take one of the rear tires off to get it into the house. Once in the wheel was put back on and I dried it off and wrapped it in some Christmas paper and place it next to the tree.
Christmas morning came and she sure was suprised.xmas 2009 029.jpg
xmas 2009 028.jpg

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 07:24 PM

Now that's a cool present!

#22 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 07:24 PM

Man is that Bantam sweet or what!!!! Makes Rick's on American Restorers look like crap! Thanks for entering her!

#23 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,479 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 07:46 PM

Well, here is our Christmas display from three years ago. I've been wanting to do this type of display for years, but Dad wouldn't hear of it, due to him being fussy about his front yard. Anyway, Mom finally made us do it. The collection consists of a Red and White 1970 Patio leading the herd, with a red blinking bulb strapped to the front of the hood. Behind it is a 1967 112H, 1966 110, 1966 112, 1964 110, 1969 140H1, 1967 110, 1991 318, 1966 110H, and last but not least, a horse drawn sleigh that Dad used as a kid to deliver newspapers.

I really enjoyed this display, and this is my favorite picture. This was the only time we did this display, as that Christmas was our last Christmas with Mom. She died two months later with liver cancer. That Christmas will always have a special place in my life, not just because of the Christmas tractor display, or because we had one last time with Mom, but because, that display had another meaning. The tractors were picked and arranged by Mom. At the time, we really never knew why, but she was happy, and that is what mattered. Christmas was her favorite time of the year. Anyway, the patio tractor was Mom's pride and joy, and was the only tractor she owned. It was first, because we always looked to Mom for guidance. The remaining tractors represent each child and grand child. (Myself and my three kids, and my sister and her three kids) The sleigh, which was Dad's, at the back, because he was always there for us, putting us first, and always there to catch us when we fall.

My only regret about the display, was I never took a picture of it at night. We had Christmas lights strung through the steering wheels to represent a harness, and had a spot light sitting in the sleigh so you could view the make shift Santa. We also had numerous spot lights sitting along side the display, as the green tractors didn't show up very well with just the Christmas light strands. But the display always had a very special glow about it at night time, much brighter than the lights we used. Well, I guess now, I understand why.

This is the only picture I have. I know I don't qualify, since I only have this one picture attached, but I'm not looking to win, or even compete. With Christmas just around the corner, I guess I just needed to share a little bit of Mom's dream with all of you, and to find a little comfort for the season also.

Edited by johndeereelfman, November 10, 2011 - 11:09 AM.

• dstaggs, tractorman604, caseguy and 5 others have said thanks

#24 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 10:03 PM

I LOVE the entries so far, but the last one from JohnDeereElfman -- wow, thanks so much for sharing that. That's real special.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#25 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 10:39 PM

johndeereelfman, That is a very touching story, and I for one am touched that you shared it with us. I would cherish that Christmas very dear to my heart if it were me in your shoes. Thanks So Much for Sharing.

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 05:05 AM

johndeereelfman, that is a very touching story. The only thing I ask is can you make the pic a bit larger? Hard for me to see.

#27 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 05:36 AM

Man is that Bantam sweet or what!!!! Makes Rick's on American Restorers look like crap! Thanks for entering her!

You can say that again.

#28 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 07:30 AM

JDE, thanks for sharing a memory with us. That's a very touching story.

Loving the entries so far, keep 'em coming!

Edited by MH81, November 09, 2011 - 07:37 AM.

#29 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 11:29 AM

After a little persuasion from you guys, I decided to key a quick story. I get a lot of requests to write about my tractors but never find the time to do it. I don't need votes, so please vote for the other nominations. I get enough recognition as it is with my job. But this is for YOU guys! An exclusive to GTT! :)

This is my little Massey 7. She is my first garden tractor. While at the Florida Flywheel show in 2009, Brandon bought it for me from our good friend Bernie Scott. The fact that it is a gift from my Brandon and that Bernie was the previous owner is the reason why I will never sell it; they are both very special people. It was complete and restored when Brandon bought it and has it's original parts. Bernie delivered it to my home that same summer and we have had a lot of fun with it since. I truly enjoy having it hauled to local shows where our subscribers recognize it immediately and like to pose with it for pictures. I also drove it down to our church's Trunk-or-Treat in 2010 and the children were over-joyed to sit on it and "drive" it around. I have a picture of a 2-yr old Buzz Lightyear standing on the hood with his "wings" in launching position!
150087_1688398535425_1401566030_1776986_2536152_n.jpg

It doesn't snow much here in southern Indiana, but last winter we got a few inches of powder more than once. My kids are bigger now and pulling them in the sled is the dreaded chore that is toggled between me and Mike. Our saving grace was the ball hitch on the Massey. It was very cold and snowing hard, but I hooked up the sled and hauled Autie down to her friend Kaity's house. We loaded up Kaity and her sister Courtney and off we went to tour the neighborhood! The giggles were louder than the engine on the Massey! They made monster size snow balls by dragging their hands from the side of the sled and scooping up handfuls of snow! The neighbors as well as the kids were entertained! I don't think the Massey had ever been in the snow previous to that day!

Most of my tractor collection is out at Brandon's farm but the Massey stays here. We have plenty of young visitors who like to come and "drive" it around. My plans now are to build a barrel wagon train to attach to it. But for this winter, the only plan is to find a large toboggan to accommodate MORE of the neighborhood kids -- and pray for LOTS snow!

DSCN4718-01.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN4716-01.jpg
  • DSCN4729-01.jpg
  • DSCN4721-01.jpg

#30 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 11:45 AM

Great pictures and story Kate, thanks for sharing with us!! Those memories are priceless for you and for the kids as well.
Peter
  • tractorchick said thank you