13 replies to this topic

#1 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 02:09 PM

Hope Im not repeating a thread, but if I am just yell at me!! I'm very interested in adding some old round fender tractors to my current collection. I love the looks of them and think they were built like tanks! So I currently am looking for a jd 110,112 round fender from the 60's, a cub original 100, and a bolens round fender. So if you have a old round fender gt either restored, modified, or projects post your pics, maybe my search will grow to different brand! Thanks everyone!!

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 02:16 PM

Hope Im not repeating a thread, but if I am just yell at me!! I'm very interested in adding some old round fender tractors to my current collection. I love the looks of them and think they were built like tanks! So I currently am looking for a jd 110,112 round fender from the 60's, a cub original 100, and a bolens round fender. So if you have a old round fender gt either restored, modified, or projects post your pics, maybe my search will grow to different brand! Thanks everyone!!

The Cub Cadet 100 wasn't an Original,they were the next series that came out, but they did have the same round fenders,that's about the only thing in the "sheet metal" that was the same.

Edited by mjodrey, May 06, 2010 - 02:21 PM.

#3 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 02:40 PM

How about these?

Attached Thumbnails

• 600 broshure..jpg
  • homely ride a mat.jpg
  • 11kwpk0..jpg

#4 ACecil OFFLINE  

ACecil

• Member No: 412
  • 406 Thanks
  • 319 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 02:54 PM

Here's my Cub Cadet 100.

Posted Image

#5 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 07:39 PM

Well i guess im in need of a cub 100 then. ACecil I love the looks of your machine. What would a machine in that condition go for price wise, and how rare are they to find?? Brian I like the 800, and rideamatic, another 800 came up on rochesters CL but alittle high priced for me at $450 with an ugly looking seat. Brian on mtf theres a member named shaft with a mean looking rideamatic, I'd love to have something like that. Keep the pics coming we got bolens, and cub cadet. Now lets see someother brand round fender g.t.'s

#6 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 08:11 PM

Well i guess im in need of a cub 100 then. ACecil I love the looks of your machine. What would a machine in that condition go for price wise, and how rare are they to find?? Brian I like the 800, and rideamatic, another 800 came up on rochesters CL but alittle high priced for me at $450 with an ugly looking seat. Brian on mtf theres a member named shaft with a mean looking rideamatic, I'd love to have something like that. Keep the pics coming we got bolens, and cub cadet. Now lets see someother brand round fender g.t.'s

I just looked at that CL ad in Rochester and that's way over priced! Its not even the original engine and that seat looks horrible on that Bolens. I have seen shaft's Ride-a matic and that thing is in A++ condition. He had it listed on ebay a while back but I dont think anyone bought it.

#7 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 05:55 AM

These two are NOT mine but they do have round fenders.

Attached Thumbnails

• Ilderton_2009 014..jpg
  • Ilderton_2009 012..jpg
  • Ilderton_2009 011..jpg
  • Ilderton_2009 013..jpg

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 06:26 AM

Wow ! Somebody's got those restored nicely.

#9 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 07:26 AM

I agree. Those are correct in every way and as such, have earned the right to be called "RESTORED". They belong to a fellow collector I know. He also lives in Ontario. Here's another Colt he owns. No round fenders on this one, though.

I included his "Non-Case" tractor because I thought that it might be of interest to you.

Attached Thumbnails

• Ilderton_2009 010..jpg
  • Ilderton_2009 009..jpg
  • Ilderton_2009 016..jpg
  • Ilderton_2009 015..jpg

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 08:28 AM

I agree. Those are correct in every way and as such, have earned the right to be called "RESTORED". They belong to a fellow collector I know. He also lives in Ontario. Here's another Colt he owns. No round fenders on this one, though.

I included his "Non-Case" tractor because I thought that it might be of interest to you.

That sure is a nice looking Bolens.

#11 ACecil OFFLINE  

ACecil

• Member No: 412
  • 406 Thanks
  • 319 posts

Posted May 08, 2010 - 11:39 PM

Thanks Fonz! The price depends on the condition, location and if the tractor has any options. I have several options on the 100, and I recently found a set of wheel weights.

#12 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted May 09, 2010 - 09:53 AM

Well I found a 100 in running conditon for $275. But its over 2hrs away:wallbanging:. Its just the tractor and dirt/snow blade. I hope something pops up closer to where I live. I'm not in a rush for some round fenders but I was thinking that was a good deal???? yesterday I drove up to my parents house and a guy has a round fender jd with deck sitting out back in front of his shed. I've been eyeing it up for a while, and it hasn't moved from what I can see. This week I will stop and see if he wants to sell it. wish me luck!!!:bounce:

#13 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted May 09, 2010 - 09:08 PM

yesterday I drove up to my parents house and a guy has a round fender jd with deck sitting out back in front of his shed. I've been eyeing it up for a while, and it hasn't moved from what I can see. This week I will stop and see if he wants to sell it. wish me luck!!!:bounce:

About 5 years ago I noticed a JD112 sitting under a tree in a yard and could tell it hadn't moved for a while. I stopped to ask about it and the owners wife said yes it was for sale and to come back later when her husband was home. She said it had sat there for a couple years and he would sell it cheap. When I came back the owner wouldn't even come to the door, he made his wife come out and tell me it wasn't for sale, she said "the jackass says he's going to fix it" . I guess I started an argument. I drove by about two months ago and it hasn't moved, except sinking a little further into the dirt.

#14 rrmccabe OFFLINE  

rrmccabe

• Member No: 446
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted May 12, 2010 - 03:06 PM

Here is our round fender. 1967 110.

It's nice shape and plan to restore it in a year.

rfrm..jpg