Garden Tractor Forums banner

Cub original tire upgrade ideas and pics needed!

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  IHCubGuy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I've never been one to leave any of my toys stock. I just recently picked up my 63 "O". I have pics posted in numerous threads, but for those that haven't seen it, it has fenders, and 6-12 ag tires on back, and what I think is stock sized front tires. I'm thinking of changing it up a bit due to the condition of the rear ags, and the front tires are 2 different tread patterns. i'd like to install wider rear wheels and tires but I'm unsure what would fit. Also looking for ideas for front tires. So post up some pics of your "O" tire combo's!! Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think 3-rib tires would look good up front on those narrow wheels.

#9 ·

Attachments

#11 ·
MH81 said:
There are a lot of Deestone Dealers, many sell on EBay, some are probably close to you. I think these were around $50 for the pair, plus tubes.

PS, don't forget the tubes (and DON'T get them from TSC, they are undersized enough to be frustrating.
The ebay seller you want to deal with is "Kmorrow" (Morrow Tire). His 4.00-8 tri rib tires are 54 dollars a pair shipped with tubes if I recall. I know that those ARE what Alan bought.

#12 ·
MH81 said:
There are a lot of Deestone Dealers, many sell on EBay, some are probably close to you. I think these were around $50 for the pair, plus tubes.

PS, don't forget the tubes (and DON'T get them from TSC, they are undersized enough to be frustrating.
The tri-ribs deestones seem to be fine, its the rear ags that are undersize from all that I have heard about them. If you want 23x8.50x12's you need to get the 10.50's.

Randy

#15 ·
cool, thanks guys, Im going to start on the fronts because for some wierd reason, both front tires are new, but different tread patterns. Im actually surprised at how cheap they are for 2. I thought I would easily spend $50 ea. So The upgrade is affordable and may happen sooner than latter. Ther rear tires are fine still. Actually my father says I should leabe the stock skinny rears on there. But I just like the mean tractor look, better than the stock look!

#20 ·
If you order a set of tri ribs you WILL want tubes for them. Getting them to seat on the rim without is a real P.I.T.A., especially if they are distorted from sitting around like mine were when I got them. Plus likes allready been pointed out the chances of flats and leaks is a lot less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.