• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 craneway OFFLINE  

craneway

• Member No: 257
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted May 05, 2010 - 09:53 PM

I have just aquired a massey mf 12 mine has the tiller. I need ignition (solid state) parts for the tecumseh hh120. and a starter switch. the tiller could use a few tines also. Need a good starting point for parts. Any help would be appreciated

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 04:06 AM

Welcome to the site craneway. We usually either find stuff on ebay or craigslist and also get stuff from other members on here. It is also surprising as to what is still available at the Massey / Agco dealers.

The fact you have a tiller makes it worth that much more. Tillers are usually harder to come by then the tractors. I did have an extra rectifier module but I would have to find it but that will be a couple weeks till we move. I have stuff packed away.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 04:28 AM

:welcometogttalk:craneway, glad to have you here.

#4 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 03:06 PM

Welcome to the site and "massey world" I have 2 mf10's and 3 mf12's. I have several ways to get parts. One of my favorite is to find a lawn and garden salvage yard. I have two that I go to every once in a while to see whats new. It's fun to look at all the equipment and I have bought a lot of parts and even two complete tractors from bone yards. Keep in mind a lot of other makes of tractors have used HH Tecumseh's and are candidates for engine parts.Often they will take trades and you can get a better price if you pull the parts yourself. Another source is ebay, craigslist, and classifieds for parts and its always great if you can find a deal on a parts tractor. The tines on the mf650 tiller are fairly common, I found a walk behind merry tiller with no engine and bad gearbox at a boneyard for $20. The tines are the same as the 650 and were in great shape. The transaxle in the 10/12 gear drive massey's are the same peerless 2300 series as the john deere 210-216. I just bought axle seals and detent balls & springs from my local JD dealer, they had them in stock. I just told the parts counter guy they were for a jd212. If by "starter switch" you mean solenoid, I think any 12 volt lawn & garden starter solenoid should work. If you need a ignition switch you have to make sure its the right switch, I couldn't find one at any local stores. I have heard that the wrong switch can damage the ignition system. I got mine for my mf12 from Lawn Mower Parts it's part#517415v91, $24.02. I have a parts book for the mf12 so if you need a part# just ask in this forum and I or someone else will get it for you. Also if you need a specific part ask, someone may have one or know where to get one.

#5 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• Member No: 154
  • 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 03:19 PM

Thanks Broken2 for some great ideas. Does anyone know if it is still possible to get blades for the 610 mower from Massey dealers or anywhere else?

George.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 04:05 PM

Many people are converting their HH ignitions due to NLA parts. Ed Stoller has an extensive write-up about converting. It's involved, but everyone who has done it are delighted.
http://home.earthlin...toller/id5.html

#7 craneway OFFLINE  

craneway

• Member No: 257
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 09:05 PM

Thanks broken2 I did put the wrong switch in according to my local source and smoked my solid state ignition. I am now looking for a replacement. Dont know much about the hh120. Wondering if it is worth the rebuild. It ran but puffed a little blue smoke at startup. Also, was wondering what year it really is. The motor/tractor. mod.#hh120-120045B Ser#847 08051 The tractor mod# is MF12 Ser# 1446 506 523 A part # for the solid state ignition modual would also be helpful. Thanks friends.

#8 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 06, 2010 - 10:58 PM

It's a very late 1968

#9 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 10:04 PM

Part# for solid state ignition module is 1 044 874 m91, it is listed as magneto assembly in the parts book.

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 10:27 PM

Thanks broken2 I did put the wrong switch in according to my local source and smoked my solid state ignition. I am now looking for a replacement. Dont know much about the hh120. Wondering if it is worth the rebuild. It ran but puffed a little blue smoke at startup. Also, was wondering what year it really is. The motor/tractor. mod.#hh120-120045B Ser#847 08051 The tractor mod# is MF12 Ser# 1446 506 523 A part # for the solid state ignition modual would also be helpful. Thanks friends.

I wouldn't worry about the little puff of blue at startup especially a cold startup. As long as you keep the oil level good it will keep going for a long time yet. Mine keeps going and shows no signs of loosing power.