#16 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 5,043 Thanks
  • 5,370 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 08:07 PM

I glad to hear your grandmother is resting comfortably and hope she continues to improve.
That is one sharp looking truck! Good for you.
My wife and I have gone through a lot together in the last 40 years. One thing we keep reminding each other of is " in a 100 years no one is going to care anyway".
People who aren't willing to forgive and forget aren't worth keeping as friends. Just keep smiling, it worries the jerks in your life.:laughingteeth:
  • trowel said thank you

#17 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,921 Thanks
  • 4,056 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 08:40 PM

That very disconcerting bill, im sorry about you grandmother, mines is pushing 80, you don't know you have lost something importaint untill it's gone, i lost my uncle to cancer and my aunt to a stroke in 1 mounths time, we as a family is still recovering from it, it almost killed my grandmother to watch her son die slowly then her daughter in a day,
just keep in mind it is only temp., nothing is forever, just stay away from the trouble makers, keep your nose clean and the ones you love close,

with regards, Jesse

DITTO Bill.
This is good advise.

#18 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 204 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 09:31 PM

I got news, I'm not going to sleep at all tonight now....

Her IV was pulled, no more fluids going in. Basically it's what ever kills her first now. For her sake I hope it's over quickly, she has to listen to my grandmother and the others call dibs on stuff and fight over it. I hope when the will comes out they don't get anything. I could care less if I got anything, materials are materials, yes there's sentimental value but since all this fighting I want nothing to do with any of it. It would only focus there anger and greed onto me for having something. I even rather see the tractor she has ran into the lake her cabin is on than any one having it.

#19 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 28,446 Thanks
  • 29,126 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 10:21 PM

Bill, prayers for a peaceful passing are going out to your Great Grandma now.

As for the "stuff", you're right to shy from it... Unless Grandma wants you to have something. If she wills something to you, hang on to it. In the years to follow, when the arguments and loud words dim with time, you will have something physical to remember her by. If nothing is specifically designated to you, maybe she sensed the trouble it would cause you. Either way, you are the winner and those who would make your life difficult are...
I'll let you fill in the blank, not wanting to speak poorly of another mans family. Hope you get some sleep tonight. Thanks for the update.

#20 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,820 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 10:23 PM

keep it together bill, stay strong and stay with her if you can, im over here praying for her and you,
never give up trying, and stay the path, in the end it will make you more powerfull then you have ever have been mentally and to be able to face other hard times in life, anger and hate does nothing but hurt and kill anything alive, find your center and disconect from the pain, it will be what it will be, let the others squabble over the imaterials in life, a life is worth more then anything ever know, do not worry about the tractor right now, stay with her,
bill, i gave up my life in ohio to move to ma. to help my family during the hard times, tractors, engines, tools, shop, my home, everything for a life and i'll do it again if needed be, nothing is forever, anything can be replace, a life can not be replaced, try and get some sleep, you may need it tommorow.
im over here in ma. with prayers for you and her,
deepest regards, Jesse

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 31,414 Thanks
  • 41,598 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 03:06 AM

I'm sorry to hear this news, having just gone thru a similar situation. Thankfully, we all pulled together. Hang in there, keep the memories of your great-grandmother above all else.
That is a nice looking truck you have. Good luck with it.
And on a happier not, Happy 18th Birthday!

#22 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 204 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 02:53 PM

Thanks every one for your thoughts and prayers. I got some good news, but it's very very limited.

Good news is, a therapist was working with her and she chowed down a bowl of apple sauce. What makes that limited is, from what others understand is this was a one time occurrence unless something changes and she shows even more recovery. She's tough, she does not give up either.

With this also comes that funeral arrangement's still being made, and it has been decided that I will be a Paul bearer at the funeral. I accepted it, but I don't know how I'm going to do it. It's tough to even think about it, doing it is going to be really tough. I don't know who else was chosen, but being the tallest in the family makes nervous too. (odd thought I know)

Thank every one.

#23 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,887 Thanks
  • 30,152 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 03:10 PM

To go off topic for a moment...... Happy Birthday Bill! Take the time from all that's going around you to just take a long breath on this special day.

#24 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,593 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 03:12 PM

Sorry to hear this Bill. I know from personal experience that you need to be with her as much as you can. In a similar situation when I was young I stayed away and have regretted it ever since. You have been doing a good job handling the stress of this so far. I hope you can get some comfort from the support you get here. Keep us informed. You and your family will be in our prayers.

#25 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 204 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 10:16 PM

I'm up at my grandparents farm (my dads side), drove up here in my truck. My first "long" drive so to speak at 3 hours. Got a good lesson in rush hour traffic, dealing with people who want to do 30 over the speed limit, and got to drive&Dodge deer.

If anything changes me and my mom will be going back to the cities. I got another update and she's doing pretty good for what she's gone through. So far every one has behaved so to speak. the only one fighting over any decisions is my great grandmums, sisters, daughter. She's trying to call dibs on every thing and telling my grandmother and her brother how their mum will be taken care of at the hospital. No ones told her to stay out of things, which is really odd for my family not to do.

Thanks everyone.

#26 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 10:35 PM

If you're ever a pallbearer and have to traverse wet, moss covered, brick sidewalks, use CAUTION. Don't ask how I know this.

#27 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,278 Thanks
  • 1,433 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 11:01 PM

Sorry to here the news Bill. Family can be real tough in such situations; but hang in there. Nice truck! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Shawn

#28 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 204 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 09:45 AM

If you're ever a pallbearer and have to traverse wet, moss covered, brick sidewalks, use CAUTION. Don't ask how I know this.

Thanks for the tip! it may come in handy.

I forget who did it, but I was on the phone with my grandmother and some one in the background says "We should use Bill's truck, we can have Jeff drive, the casket in the back with the (pallbeareres /paulbeareres? I don't know the correct spelling) sitting on the fenders.". Every one thought that was funny, it really helped lighten the mood. Especially when Jeff was mentioned as being the driver, he's been the driver for a few family events using various fancy cars of unknown origin to me and others.

Thanks every one, your thoughts and prayers help.

#29 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for the tip! it may come in handy.

I forget who did it, but I was on the phone with my grandmother and some one in the background says "We should use Bill's truck, we can have Jeff drive, the casket in the back with the (pallbeareres /paulbeareres? I don't know the correct spelling) sitting on the fenders.". Every one thought that was funny, it really helped lighten the mood. Especially when Jeff was mentioned as being the driver, he's been the driver for a few family events using various fancy cars of unknown origin to me and others.

Thanks every one, your thoughts and prayers help.

When my buddies Father died, they carried the casket from the funeral home on a hay wagon pulled by his favorite John Deere tractor. They did a lap around part of the farm on the way to the grave yard. The farm has been in their family since the 1840's, between the original homestead and what they have acquired over the years, it's about 1500 acres. A pretty big spread for western Pa.

#30 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,921 Thanks
  • 4,056 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 10:01 PM

Bill
I am still here and our prayers are with you and your family.
Regard................Ducky