43 replies to this topic

#1 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 08:25 PM

Well, things were great, had a good day working for my grandfather on Sunday. Pulled onto my street and seen the truck of my dreams sitting in my parents driveway. It's a '98 Dodge Dakota, it belonged to a very good friend of mine and neighbor. He passed away less than a year ago, last winter walking home from the store 2 blocks away. The truck had "happy birthday" all over it, it took for ever to clean that stuff of too. But than things turned worse after the food was served, my dad was angry, my mum was in tears and my uncle was rushing all over the place. Then I found out why only the guys in the family besides my mum were at the house. My great grandmother had a stroke, they found her laying on the floor of her living room when they went to pick her up for my surprise party. Finally my mum calmed down enough and we decided to drive my truck to the hospital, where every one else was already. I got a warning that it was making noises. To my surprise it was so loud hospital security followed me through the parking ramp. The rear axle bearings were toast from sitting. But any way, my great grandmother is not looking to well now, she's been moved to hospice, it's the beginning of the end. Even if she some how makes it, she will never walk or talk again. She's 93, going on 94 this December. And of course because my family on my mums side is so stuck up, every one is already calling dibs on what they get when she dies. it got so bad I said a few things at a volume that security came, I had to leave. I can't believe my family, how they are so greedy.

Onto the truck now, it spent 2 days in the shop, took for ever for them to figure out the front brakes needed adjustment. I was a little irritated by that, and then I find that they chugged a quarter of a tank of gas, I can't believe it takes that much fuel test driving it to find out rear axle bearings are toast and front brakes need adjustment (it tugged to the right....). I'm glad it's back now, I finally can get the owners manual and do some reading.

I have a sister too(found out about her last fall), she's younger than me and has different mum, she's not supposed to know about us but her step dad told her and promised not to tell her mum. So she's been sneaking over once and awhile. I haven't had a chance to drive my truck yet since the repairs, and some how she conned the keys out of me and got to drive it. She's a feather foot, but a pretty good driver.

Now we are supposed to be hitting the road for our yearly family reunion on my dads, mums side. every one (only part of the family that gets along) gets together for deer hunting and we spread out across 300 acres. How ever instead of doing laundry tomorrow when I get home and packing my truck and my dads, I'm stuck going for a behind the wheel lesson until 4pm, giving me a couple hours for homework and packing. Than got to go to bed, go to school, and than drive up to the farm Thursday night.

I'm off to bed now, I'm tired.

#2 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 08:35 PM

Sorry to hear that about your great granmother Bill , hope things start getting better for you and your family. Al

#3 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hi Bill
Keep it together. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. We have all had rough times and we are still here yet. I feel you will be on top in the end.
Regard..............Ducky

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,513 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 08:58 PM

Sorry to hear of all the problems. I hope things settle down for you soon.

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 09:14 PM

Yes, you've hit a rough patch for sure. Hope life's road smooths out for you soon Bill! Enjoy the reunion/hunt.

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 09:22 PM

I hope everything smooths out soon for you. I hope Great Grandma is at least comfortable.
Regarding the infighting, A wise person told me once that the reason we're related to the people we are, is because we'd never associate with most of them if we weren't.

Praying for things to get easier for your family, and wishing you the best of luck.

#7 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 09:41 PM

I can't sleep to save my life, ended up just ripping the sheets of my bed with my tossing and turning. This gives me time to read the owners manual though, something I've been looking forward to doing.

So far she's comfortable, at least that's what she's telling us. she has some more hand strength compared to yesterday, so what those who are at the hospital are doing is having her squeeze their hands for a response. When I seen her Sunday night, she looked like a dead body in a refrigerator, very white and lifeless. Yesterday she had gained back some color and was able to focus in on things with her eyes, I only got a small tidbit of info today though, I left on a "don't bother talking to me unless you get your __ Together and grow up or she dies" tone. I'm not the only one at that point either, both my mum and and my uncle wont go up there unless both my grandmother and her brother are not there to avoid any fighting and or interaction with hospital security. Hopefully that gives some insight into how childish my family acts with out the stress and drama.

Thanks every one.

Here's some pictures of the truck that I took today.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 09:49 PM

Sadly enough, some people can't live without drama. My X wife & most of her family are such people. If there's nothing to be stressed about, they will create something. Thus the "X" part. I like a life as smooth as possible. Life's every day problems are plenty of drama for me without anything else added. Do yourself a big favor Bill, and separate yourself from unnecessary drama. It just serves to shorten one's life & degrade what you have left of it.
Again, hoping things get better. Take care.

#9 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 09:59 PM

Dan took the words right out of my mouth! Very sorry to hear about you Great Grandmother, that's sad news indeed. Just know that we are praying for you and your family and hoping that the road will get easier with time for you. It's good that you recognize the petty people at an early age (took me A LOT longer to figure them out in my own life). Hang in there Bill! We're all in it with you!

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 04:13 AM

Sorry to hear that news ,Bill.

#11 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 05:27 AM

Sorry to hear about your Great Grandmother Bill.
Hope things turn around for you soon

#12 ckjakline ONLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 04:12 PM

Sorry to hear about your great grandmother.And as far as your inconsiderate part of the family goes.You can pick your friends not your relitives!

#13 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 07:00 PM

:ditto:

Sorry to hear about your great grandmother.And as far as your inconsiderate part of the family goes.You can pick your friends not your relitives!

Hope things get better for you. Keep a positive attitude, it does help.

#14 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 07:05 PM

Thanks every one.

I have not heard anything more, which is bothering me but I'm not going to incite another fight. I'm just waiting for my grandmothers neighbor to let me know when she leaves so I can sneak over there and get some more of my stuff. This will probably my last chance for awhile as she will get in a mood and not let me over.

#15 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 07:20 PM

That very disconcerting bill, im sorry about you grandmother, mines is pushing 80, you don't know you have lost something importaint untill it's gone, i lost my uncle to cancer and my aunt to a stroke in 1 mounths time, we as a family is still recovering from it, it almost killed my grandmother to watch her son die slowly then her daughter in a day,
just keep in mind it is only temp., nothing is forever, just stay away from the trouble makers, keep your nose clean and the ones you love close,

with regards, Jesse