wireing harness help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 player92my3 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 5087
  • 1 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 08:03 PM

Okay i just got a older briggs 19.5hp engine. Formally in a craftsman riding mower. the model is: 42E707-2631-E1 Okay so i am lifting a sears tractor and puting this engine in it. i do my own wiring so ill completly rewire it i just need to knpw what The plugs comming out of the engine are for. heres a link to what the engine is: http://images1.ameri...ia_14162233.jpg

NOTE: not my engine, but same one thanks for the help :D

#2 Rivets OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9710
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 07:34 AM

Can you post pics of the plugs you are referring to? Tell us the color of wire also. This will make it easier to explain what each wire is for. Thank.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,643 Thanks
  • 28,302 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 05:06 PM

I found very little info on that engine wiring wise, but I did find that they used that engine in the 917.259573 tractor. I did find a wiring diagram for that tractor. Hope this helps.
Posted Image

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 07:37 PM

Word of advice on these wiring diagrams. The "IGNITION UNIT" is more than likely a MAGNETO, so DO NOT feed it 12 Volts, or you will be sorry. Trust me, I rewired an older Briggs in a Craftsman and read "ignition unit" as if it were an "ignition coil" requiring 12 Volts and gave it such... and boy was I sorry when I had to replace the 50 dollar magneto that I FRIED!!! Just want to warn you of that before you do it, because I was definitely sorry I did that....
  • MH81 said thank you