DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 07:06 PM

Did this just happen to GTTalk or were other Forums asked to remove there JD Manuals as well?

#62 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 07:30 PM

I say we should Boycott john deere Hell myn are geting striped and taken to the local scrap yard maybe i will put my john deere shirt in the bath room for TP

Edited by olcowhand, November 03, 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#63 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 07:45 PM

Did this just happen to GTTalk or were other Forums asked to remove there JD Manuals as well?

This was reported by an individual to John Deere. Likely we're the only ones targeted at this time.

#64 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 07:49 PM

I just have to say any company that dont want to make my Repiars or restoration easier on me They do not deserve the time to be Restored. John deere company has gone to HADES The stuff they make now Is garbage MTD junk sold at home depot and there compact tractors are made in mexico I know this because i re searched them before i bought my compact tractor. What upsets me the most i would have to say is the fact they over charge for parts , Merchandise, And anything with there name on it If there so smart they would realise we are helping them more then hurting them because the more john deere knowledge we obtain thru manuals we downloaded for free the more likely we are to purchase parts from are local john deere dealers but i guess they are so petti and on such a high horse they just dont care I guess if my neighbor or any friends need to borrow one of my manuals i better tell them know dont want john deere to loose out on any money they could be making off somone purchasing a manual And it wouldent be so bad if the tractors they made wernt Garbage Thats a big let down for me like finding out you child hood hero is a fake or a total lie ive worshiped john deere now i just find out there Greedy corprate fat cat bullies

#65 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 07:52 PM

That's too bad, there are some members here that have gone to an awful lot of trouble to upload manuals and info on JDs here at GTtalk.

All this knowledge on so many different models can only help to improve JDs name in the Garden Lawn tractor business.

I'm sure they have good reasons for doing what they do.

Edited by DH1, November 03, 2011 - 07:56 PM.
spelling

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#66 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,330 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 08:49 PM

I think this may be a good time to close this thread. It's original intent was to notify the members of John Deere's decision at a corporate (Legal Team ) level to ask us to remove their manuals from the site and our compliance with this request.

John Deere has produced and still do make some of the finest equipment out there, and while their decision may not be popular and may be considered by may to be misguided, it is their decision. Bashing the bean counters and legal eagles is fine IMHO,bashing the product because of a policy should not continue.

While I am personally disappointed in their stance, GTTalk will abide until such time as corporate policy changes sometime in the future and allows our membership to share as we did before. Until that happens, we must continue to support each other in the hobby without the sharing of manuals and use experience and reference material to paraphrase a helpful response.

To my fellow members who have John Deere, thank you for continuing to support one of our hobby's oldest and most renowned manufacturers, we're all in this together, let's close ranks and do what we've always done... to be supportive of all who enjoy Garden Tractors, whatever the color.
  • olcowhand, AcreFarm, tractormike and 8 others have said thanks