• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 08:26 PM

[attachment=20077:19928.attach]I need some help on what i should offer the guy for this,or do you think it's not even worth it? it needs a starter,and it's a wheelhorse cg7. I was thinking $100.00 would you think that is too high or too low?Thanks for any input.

Edited by pchili4, November 01, 2011 - 07:01 PM.

#2 WH1056 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4545
  • 64 Thanks
  • 59 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 08:21 PM

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time - unless it was free...... and I probably still wouldn't take it unless I knew I could pass it off on someone else. :smilewink:
Like I said before - If you really think you have to have it, make sure you check the shifter boot. If it is cracked, torn, wet, etc., walk away and don't look back.

Friendly advice: not everything with "Wheel Horse" stickers is worth dragging home.
  • tractorman604 said thank you

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 09:32 PM

There are pros and cons with it as I see it. It is an older Wheel Horse, the deck looks like it's in excellent shape, the sheet metal is decent, with some small defects visible in the pic., It is probably not as collected as some of the GT's and IMHO is therefore worth saving as historically significant. The cons are that it has a vertical shaft engine (which may not be a con to you), it is an LT, not a GT and therefore probably less durable than the larger models. I don't think that I would pay that much for it, especially if it doesn't run. In theory, I agree with WH1056,

...Friendly advice: not everything with "Wheel Horse" stickers is worth dragging home.

however, if it were my opportunity and the price was right, I would probably drag it home (that doesn't make it a wise decision though LOL). I hope that this will help in your decision.

#4 moose034 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7916
  • 2 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 11:34 PM

These are great for the kids, short leg friendly pedals, relatively slow, very common engine so parts are easy to find. I have worked a couple of them pretty hard over the years and they held up fine. If it has the cast iron transaxle and cast iron front end anyway. Even played with pulley sizes on one and had it going around 25mph by replacing the 8 horse with an 11 horse briggs. The one I have now is built cheaper, cast aluminum trans, stamped sheetmetal frame. Not expecting it to last pulling anything heavy, but is perfect size for the little guys to operate(just as tractor,with throttle limiter rigged, they don't get to mow until they are older)