2 stage snowblower for JD 420

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyb21 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7237
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hi, new to the forums here but so far lots of intersting info on garden tractors of all shapes and sizes.

I am helping my Dad find a 2 stage snowblower for his recently purchased JD 420 but several months of looking have yielded no results. Does anyone have any good leads on maybe where to look for one of these? We've come acrossed a few the past few months but in every case the seller was not willing to split the blower from the tractor (which he already has).

After doing lots of research we've come to find out there just aren't that many out there. My Dad also owns a JD 318 with a 2 stage blower but unfortunately the 318 - 46" is not compatible with the 420. He loves his 318 but clears alot of snow for neighbors and wanted something a little bit bigger and more powerful so he upgraded to a 420.

He is also looking to get rid of his 2 stage thrower for the 318 along with a cab so if anyone is interested, shoot me a message.

Thanks to anyone who is able to provide any information or tips on tracking down a 2 stage blower for our 420!!!

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 01:17 PM

Welcome to GTTAlk. Have you looked at this site. They make blowers for many tractors.http://www.bercomac.com/index_ang.php

#3 jonnyb21 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7237
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 01:32 PM

We've talked to at least one guy into making a blower but he wanted $3200 which was quite a bit more than what we wanted to spend. In looking at that site, it doesn't appear they have an option for the 420 anyway!

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 02:06 PM

jonnyb21,welcome to the forum.
Glad to have you with us.