Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Just bought a YT12 with attachments

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 7,195 Thanks
  • 12,420 posts

Posted November 30, 2011 - 05:06 AM

Nice tractor. Those Ariens blowers look really well made. A cut above most of the blowers you see these days for the smaller GT's and LT's.
  • RCPlayland said thank you

#17 RCPlayland OFFLINE  

RCPlayland

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7238
  • 3 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted November 30, 2011 - 02:36 PM

looks good! I can't wait to try out mine!

#18 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 3,316 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted November 30, 2011 - 05:28 PM

Looks like a nice package you picked up there.

#19 kb0nly OFFLINE  

kb0nly

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7469
  • 18 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 01, 2011 - 01:34 AM

looks good! I can't wait to try out mine!

thanks! so far I only got to play with mine a bit when we had that one shot of snow.

do you have wheel weights or weight box for rear? if not you might want to leave tiller on for counter weight. I know a few guys that run like that. manual calls for fifty pounds of counter weight with blower on. and let me tell you I ain't slender but she sure did bounce before adding those wheel weights. those are sixty pounds and I have factory weight box for it to.

#20 kb0nly OFFLINE  

kb0nly

• Contributor
  • 18 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 02, 2011 - 10:39 PM

I have a question about the rear tiller....

I have the parts manual for the 935 series tractors, and it shows the attachments also, but how does the belt drive for the tiller hook up?? The tiller has a vertical pulley on it, and the tractor has a horizontal pto pulley, is there a gear box or what? The parts and service manuals don't show the hookup.

#21 RCPlayland OFFLINE  

RCPlayland

• Contributor
  • 3 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 02:22 AM

I have a question about the rear tiller....

I have the parts manual for the 935 series tractors, and it shows the attachments also, but how does the belt drive for the tiller hook up?? The tiller has a vertical pulley on it, and the tractor has a horizontal pto pulley, is there a gear box or what? The parts and service manuals don't show the hookup.

Posted Image

#22 RCPlayland OFFLINE  

RCPlayland

• Contributor
  • 3 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 02:24 AM

I have the manuals for the tiller, snowblower, rider, .... ect. If you all want I can upload the images somewhere on the server.

#23 kb0nly OFFLINE  

kb0nly

• Contributor
  • 18 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 02:01 PM

It looks like a pulley gets added to the top of the stack then? Doesn't look like mine. I have a three pulley stack there, top is drive belt to hydro transmission, middle is belt from engine, and bottom is PTO.

I would love to see the manual for the tiller! I have the rest, including a parts and service manual which i am cleaning up and converting to .PDF format. If you have scanned images of the tiller manual could you zip them up and send to me or a link from somewhere to get it then i can convert to .PDF and make available to everyone also.

I know of a used 835008 tiller about two hours from here, one of these days i might actually talk the guy out of it also... LOL

#24 RCPlayland OFFLINE  

RCPlayland

• Contributor
  • 3 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 03:02 PM

Shoot me a email... rcplayland@yahoo.com ... put in the header Ariens YT12 . That way it doesn't get in the spam or trash folder.

#25 kb0nly OFFLINE  

kb0nly

• Contributor
  • 18 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 04:08 PM

Email sent!

I uploaded the Parts Manual for the YT12 series tractors and attachments to the manuals section on here, says its waiting in moderation q... Should be available soon. Almost done cleaning up my copy of the Service Manual then i will upload that as well. Just a heads up if you don't have them, good info in there!
  • RCPlayland and Subred have said thanks

#26 RCPlayland OFFLINE  

RCPlayland

• Contributor
  • 3 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 08:24 PM

Email sent!

I uploaded the Parts Manual for the YT12 series tractors and attachments to the manuals section on here, says its waiting in moderation q... Should be available soon. Almost done cleaning up my copy of the Service Manual then i will upload that as well. Just a heads up if you don't have them, good info in there!

Here ya go. I went on ahead and made it pdf being my scanner has that function. Didn't see scanning .jpg and converting it, when I could do it when scanning.

I uploaded it to the manual area too.

I will scan the rest of my manuals there.

I also have a couple of blue prints for a part on the snow blower that I will get uploaded.

#27 RCPlayland OFFLINE  

RCPlayland

• Contributor
  • 3 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 09:34 PM

Ok, got them all scanned and uploaded... they are awaiting moderation approval.

#28 RCPlayland OFFLINE  

RCPlayland

• Contributor
  • 3 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 01:42 AM

Well things have changed a bit, oh well, things do. I am thinking of selling these two and switching the money to another project I want to get done. I am thinking $1200 maybe $1500 for the ariens plus all of it's attachments and $900 to $1100 for the Lawn General with the MTD 46".

What do you all think of the prices? As for selling them, I think I should. The other projects kinda take priority over these.

**(I know the Ariens says on the body YT11 but under the hood it has a 12hp... plus the manuals depict YT12)

#29 kb0nly OFFLINE  

kb0nly

• Contributor
  • 18 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 12:23 AM

Its either a YT12 with a YT11 hood, the hoods are different besides the stickers, the YT11 hood has a bead rolled in relief pattern on each side, or someone stuck a different engine in it.

Looking over the pictures carefully though... I definitely think its a YT11 with a 12hp transplant, because there is other subtle differences when i compare it to mine, but the hood i know is the biggest difference as a guy here in town has a YT11 and side by side with my YT12 there is plenty of differences.