Garden Tractor Forums banner

Just bought a YT12 with attachments

8K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  kb0nly 
#1 ·
I bought this with attachments and went to put on the snowblower...

It is missing some parts, and these are obsolete (no longer made or sold by ariens, so I am told so far).

I can make these parts, but some I need the measurements for unless I find someone willing to sell me them.

00351820 Bell Crank (can't find this and would have to make it possibly, but need measurements)

The pivot rod 00350830 I can make easily being I have a original one (two are needed) and the clevis pin 00313810 I also have one, but two are needed.

These are just some of the parts I need "so far". Washers and cotter pins are easy enough to get from the hardware store.

The lift strap 00350840 for the bell crank is surprising still in stock and so is the clevis pin.

I hope that I didn't buy a nightmare and spend all winter trying to machine these parts, due to I don't have that great of a shop.... simple tools.

Please help if you have these parts or know where I can get them.

Thank you,
Jason
402-671-0664
Council Bluffs, IA

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome! Sounds like you have most of it figured out on the parts. Good luck with it.

Reactions: RCPlayland
#13 ·
Thanks guys!

So far haven't done much due to work and other projects. I do have some parts being fabricated for the ariens at the moment and after thanksgiving I will get busy on both of them to be ready for the pending winter.

By the way the parts I am having made from ariens... Ariens gave me the blueprints for those particular parts to give to my fabricator. The company is very nice about this and only ask that you either destroy the blueprints after you have accomplished what you need or just don't share it for mass production. Very cool!

This is for only obsolete parts no longer stocked or made.

The Ariens I plan to do later on a full restore in the next year or two. The Lawn General I plan on just using it to be a snow blower unit so far.

I have looked at other threads and seen the other restore projects.... Very inspired!

#14 ·
Nice looking machines!

Here is mine...

Just got done doing a lot of things to it. Installed a new 12.5 Briggs Intek to replace the Kawasaki that it had, was shot and not worth repairing. Added a rear light and a 27w LED flood worklight on the crank support to get more light over the blower.

I also just got done putting on wheel weights and chains.

I also have Amber LED strobes on it for visibility, i do a lot of early morning and evening snow removal for myself and others.

Attachments

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
I wouldn't mind having that rear tiller... I have a 38" deck and 36" blower but thats it so far. If i can find a used tiller around here i will add that to my arsenal. Would be nice to make a little extra cash tilling some gardens in the spring.

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

I also posted some pics, well tried to, said the post needed to be approved or something, so should show up eventually.

#19 ·
RCPlayland said:
looks good! I can't wait to try out mine!
thanks! so far I only got to play with mine a bit when we had that one shot of snow.

do you have wheel weights or weight box for rear? if not you might want to leave tiller on for counter weight. I know a few guys that run like that. manual calls for fifty pounds of counter weight with blower on. and let me tell you I ain't slender but she sure did bounce before adding those wheel weights. those are sixty pounds and I have factory weight box for it to.

#20 ·
I have a question about the rear tiller....

I have the parts manual for the 935 series tractors, and it shows the attachments also, but how does the belt drive for the tiller hook up?? The tiller has a vertical pulley on it, and the tractor has a horizontal pto pulley, is there a gear box or what? The parts and service manuals don't show the hookup.

#21 ·
kb0nly said:
I have a question about the rear tiller....

I have the parts manual for the 935 series tractors, and it shows the attachments also, but how does the belt drive for the tiller hook up?? The tiller has a vertical pulley on it, and the tractor has a horizontal pto pulley, is there a gear box or what? The parts and service manuals don't show the hookup.

#23 ·
It looks like a pulley gets added to the top of the stack then? Doesn't look like mine. I have a three pulley stack there, top is drive belt to hydro transmission, middle is belt from engine, and bottom is PTO.

I would love to see the manual for the tiller! I have the rest, including a parts and service manual which i am cleaning up and converting to .PDF format. If you have scanned images of the tiller manual could you zip them up and send to me or a link from somewhere to get it then i can convert to .PDF and make available to everyone also.

I know of a used 835008 tiller about two hours from here, one of these days i might actually talk the guy out of it also... LOL

#25 ·
Email sent!

I uploaded the Parts Manual for the YT12 series tractors and attachments to the manuals section on here, says its waiting in moderation q... Should be available soon. Almost done cleaning up my copy of the Service Manual then i will upload that as well. Just a heads up if you don't have them, good info in there!

#26 ·
kb0nly said:
Email sent!

I uploaded the Parts Manual for the YT12 series tractors and attachments to the manuals section on here, says its waiting in moderation q... Should be available soon. Almost done cleaning up my copy of the Service Manual then i will upload that as well. Just a heads up if you don't have them, good info in there!
Here ya go. I went on ahead and made it pdf being my scanner has that function. Didn't see scanning .jpg and converting it, when I could do it when scanning.

I uploaded it to the manual area too.

I will scan the rest of my manuals there.

I also have a couple of blue prints for a part on the snow blower that I will get uploaded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.