Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Something Blue is going to follow me home.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 06:35 PM

Congratz Chris, Glad you got to test the hydro out before the uh... big boom LOL.

#32 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,312 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 06:37 PM

Sorry to hear about the rod, but now you have an excuse for a great conversion build.

#33 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,511 Thanks
  • 5,029 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 06:54 PM

Not a big deal actually as the seller told me the engine was in very bad condition. Lucky I got it running at all. Made very little noise when it let go. First engine I've had blow on me.
I did pull the engine and pressure wash the the chassis today so it will be ready when I decide to dive into it.
Have to start researching the rice burners now. :bounce:

#34 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 04:36 AM

Well at least you got to drive it a bit. As for the deck coming off hard... You are doing something very wrong, as the virtually fall off then pull it out the right side. Make sure the wheels are turned to the left a bit ,will make it a bit easier , was the deck up or down? Must be on the ground before trying to remove it.
Anyway, to bad it let go . And yes no holes for these rigs they have a pretty large engine bay.
This rig is crying for one of those V twin diesels, or maybe a new Kohler/ Lombardi air cooled units? I too am looking for something to put in my father's Ford LGT.

#35 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,511 Thanks
  • 5,029 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 09:23 AM

I think if I had taken time to figure out the rear adjustment so it was setting on the ground it would have helped. Ended up blocking it up. Also had one hairpin clip that absolutely refused to come out and it had to be up under the center of the tractor. Probably won't have to worry about it again anyway.
One of the V-twins would be nice :laughingteeth: but for what I going to use this for I can't justify the expense. If it was my main mowing tractor or my only tractor that would be different. I've been watching videos on the singles and the vibration levels are much less than I expected. They sure do rattle though.

#36 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 09:30 AM

Chris, this ebay seller has great engines. Where Fred got his 430's engine. He stands behind his stuff to, and will ship very reasonably. No air cooled though.
bruce1966us | eBay

Man do I hope you don't need any advice on a diesel repower. I'm pretty worn out on that subject! :bigrofl: Just kidding as you know. You likely won't need any help, but I'm glad to help if I can if needed.
  • Cvans said thank you

#37 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,511 Thanks
  • 5,029 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 02:35 PM

Man do I hope you don't need any advice on a diesel repower. I'm pretty worn out on that subject!

Why? :bigrofl:

Thanks for the web site.