Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Wheel Horse C160 1975 exhaust - is it the right one

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brian M OFFLINE  

Brian M

• Member No: 7019
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 06:07 AM

IMG_2890 (Small).JPG

I dont think that this exhaust mounted on my WH is the right one. It seems that its too big or have the wrong form because of the black burnmarks it leaves on the hood. Does anyone have a picture with the right exhaust mounted on a 1975 C160?

Best regards Brian

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2891 (Small).JPG
  • IMG_2892 (Small).JPG
  • IMG_2893 (Small).JPG

#2 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 643 Thanks
  • 820 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 08:23 PM

I don't think it's the correct one either.Not sure what should be on yours,but my raider 12 has the round style that screws right into block. 4" or 5" i believe.

#3 MikesRJ OFFLINE  

MikesRJ

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 462
  • 53 Thanks
  • 110 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 08:41 AM

From the engine, the exhaust has a close nipple (10-43) is threaded into the engine exhaust port, then a 90 degree elbow (10-42), then another close nipple (10-41), The muffler (10-40) then slips over the last nipple and is U-clamped (10-44) into position. The muffler should be fitted between the front of the engine and the inside-front of the hood, with the exhaust tailpipe sticking out the lower left side of the tractor, in the space between the engine and hood.

Posted Image

Edited by MikesRJ, October 31, 2011 - 08:44 AM.
correction

#4 546cowboy OFFLINE  

546cowboy

• Member No: 5766
  • 6 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 06:58 PM

Looks like the right one to me and I have had several with that same muffler. I do have a C-120 that has the same muffler type but the diameter is smaller. Is the pipe rusted off at the end on yours? You could put an extension on to clear the hood.

#5 MikesRJ OFFLINE  

MikesRJ

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 53 Thanks
  • 110 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 10:27 PM

I don't think it is the correct one. The diameter looks too large, the top is not rounded like the original, and the pipe is too short and unbent. Knowing that the originals are no longer made and very hard to come by, I suspect it is a "close match" part someone in its past found and installed. When I get home near the end of the week I will take pictures of my '73 which is known original and correct.

#6 Brian M OFFLINE  

Brian M

• Member No: 7019
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 04:41 PM

Thanks a lot for your coments.
I isnt rusted throu anywhere - only surfacerust.
It would be very nice with a picture of an original exhaust.
And I think that the diameter is to big and the end of the exhaust dosnt come clear of the hood - therefor the burnmarks on my hood.
Could take a measure on the diameter.

#7 MikesRJ OFFLINE  

MikesRJ

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 53 Thanks
  • 110 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 09:27 PM

Just got in and saw this. Will get pics and dimensions for you tomorrow.