Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

318 bagger

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jehtro OFFLINE  

Jehtro

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3300
  • 75 Thanks
  • 242 posts

Posted October 29, 2011 - 08:56 PM

So i picked up a john deere bagger from a 185 for 20 bucks. it does not have the power flow.

think i might be able to put it on the 318?

i don't want to collect grass, just leaves, sick of raking,

#2 Jehtro OFFLINE  

Jehtro

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3300
  • 75 Thanks
  • 242 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 07:45 AM

Don't try this, kinda works, needs more development, the larger deck generates too much material.

I was thinking of putting my old leaf blower at the end of the tube, OR finding a power flow,

has anyone ever seen a 38" deck on a 318?

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 2,491 Thanks
  • 3,108 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 08:04 AM

I have seen a smaller deck on the 318. I have the 48" deck with powerflow on my 318 and overall I like it. I have used it to collect grass for garden mulch and overall it does quite well. I've also used it to go way beyond reason and pick up grass that was 2-3 ft deep and could plug the chute, but it was way better than raking by hand. You have to guage your ground speed and match it to the capacity of the bagger. Going very slow is still much faster than I can rake and haul in the garden cart.

One thing you could try is to run the mower over the leaves and mulch them down so they take up less volume in the chute and reduce the plugging. I once had a wards rear engine without power to the bagger and picked up pickup loads of leaves(I was mowing 16 lawns at the time).
I would mow over the leaves several times and windrow them before picking them up.

When I bought the 318, I almost told the guy I did not want the bagger. Sure glad I rethought that!
Now I'm going to need new bags for it next year.

#4 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 1,262 Thanks
  • 2,304 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 11:06 AM

I have a mode 41 deck (38" cut) on my 120 but I do not know if it would fit the 318. I do know that the 41 was available on the 120/140/300/314/316k. The model 41 takes a different mule drive and related parts. Maybe some experts would chime in on this...

#5 Lawnguy OFFLINE  

Lawnguy

• Member No: 4947
  • 6 Thanks
  • 81 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 07:58 AM

Don't laugh cause this works, its fast and its fun! But for those of you who have golf carts, I have one of those pull behind grass catchers that I use. Sweeps the grass in no time, but if you go to fast it throws the grass right over the catcher...lol Best part is I have a stereo and two beer holders to keep me occupied while I'm doing this :)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_44201.jpg

#6 Porsche driver OFFLINE  

Porsche driver

• Member No: 6393
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 04:58 PM

I have a 318 with a 38" deck/ mule drive / and front pto and a twin bag collector. All are available if someone could use them. I am turning the tractor into a backhoe/loader with a 420 rear end and don't need the other stuff . Soon I will post a classified ad.

Porsche driver