Garden Tractor Forums banner

Stole a cab for my AJ FOYT tractor :)

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Ron Dziedzic 
#1 ·
I went to a local Cub Cadet dealer looking to buy a used cab from their scrap yard out back. Well he only had one and it wasn't for a Bolens and was pretty beat up.

When I told him what tractor I had he said he had a brand new one , still sealed in the box that they had for almost 20 years.

I walked away paying $300 for something they paid $600 for and originally sold for over $1,000.

I can't wait for snow !!!

See less See more
#11 ·
Boy, are the police looking for you? Great steal! Not often you get NOS stuff.

#13 ·
Bolens 1000 said:
What a Find!

Congratulations on the new cab!

I also got a NOS cab for my Bolens this fall that I'm eager to test out.
looks like both of you guys are goin to be able to test out your new cabs

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
mark843 said:
I like the Sabres sticker on it! Also, where is this local dealer? Does he have other Bolens stuff or can work on them? I am always looking for local resources.
Hodgsons on Seneca st in Elma. Not far from you. He does have Bolens out back and I'm sure he can work on them. He also found manuals for the tractor, deck, and snow thrower for me. All in all it was a great day :)
I bought the tractor with deck and blower about a month ago for $500. It had less hours than my 06 Cadet. I had been thinking of selling it to make a little cash once I got the cab but now that we have spent so much time together I don't think I can part with her :)

#15 ·
Nice find. Can you say "right place/right time"? Happens to all of us once in a great while. That should make your winter chores more tolerable (or enjoyable).

#16 ·
I went to a local Cub Cadet dealer looking to buy a used cab from their scrap yard out back. Well he only had one and it wasn't for a Bolens and was pretty beat up.

When I told him what tractor I had he said he had a brand new one , still sealed in the box that they had for almost 20 years.

I walked away paying $300 for something they paid $600 for and originally sold for over $1,000.

I can't wait for snow !!!

cab1.jpg

cab3.jpg

cab2.jpg
Dan is that a manual lift setup or are you using the electric lift that the tractor came with to lift the blower?
Hodgsons on Seneca st in Elma. Not far from you. He does have Bolens out back and I'm sure he can work on them. He also found manuals for the tractor, deck, and snow thrower for me. All in all it was a great day :)
I bought the tractor with deck and blower about a month ago for $500. It had less hours than my 06 Cadet. I had been thinking of selling it to make a little cash once I got the cab but now that we have spent so much time together I don't think I can part with her :)

#19 ·
I did find the answer to my question. Not shure what he did on his but I found that using blower #14039 with bracket #14078 it will bolt right on and still use my electric lift :) happy happy happy I fond both the bracket and blower brand new old stock on Craigslist for $250 obo and I am leaving at 8 am tomarow to pick it up

#20 ·
I did find the answer to my question. Not shure what he did on his but I found that using blower #14039 with bracket #14078 it will bolt right on and still use my electric lift :) happy happy happy I fond both the bracket and blower brand new old stock on Craigslist for $250 obo and I am leaving at 8 am tomarow to pick it up
I will post pics when it's done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.