#61 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 05:15 AM

Lookin Good. I bet you're getting excited.

Yes I am Will. Being a rookie, it took me all day to fit the brake/clutch/drive linkages correctly. An experienced hand like yourself, likely could have been done by noon. :p
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#62 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 06:37 AM

Looking great, Lee. I know the excitement of seeing it together is growing. Good luck on the power plant for it!
  • Toolpartzman said thank you

#63 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 07:08 AM

Looking good. You and I are about at the same point at the moment. If the weather here cooperates today I will have the red sprayed this afternoon.

#64 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 08:04 AM

The M12 is really coming along nicely! Looking great!

#65 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 12:42 PM

Looking good. You and I are about at the same point at the moment. If the weather here cooperates today I will have the red sprayed this afternoon.

Hope you can get the red done over the weekend Chad. I'll be falling way behind as I haven't solved the engine issue yet. I'm holding my breath 'til next week on a 16Hp Iron BS-the guy says "will fit". May be just the "kick" it needs.
  • outlaw070665 said thank you

#66 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 01:34 PM

Well, finally a little bit of progress has been made, so here's an update. The cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning, de-rusting, and priming/painting is nearly done. Time to assemble and decide on an engine.

Thanks for the encouragement and help so far-- :beerchug: (You're not off the hook yet though)
:bigrofl:

Wow Lee you are really coming along there. Great job so far.

Edited by HowardsMF155, February 18, 2012 - 01:35 PM.

• Toolpartzman and outlaw070665 have said thanks

#67 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hope you can get the red done over the weekend Chad. I'll be falling way behind as I haven't solved the engine issue yet. I'm holding my breath 'til next week on a 16Hp Iron BS-the guy says "will fit". May be just the "kick" it needs.

Well at the moment my Kohler is on the bench in pieces. I have to get the cylinder micc'ed and see where it is at and what I need to do from there. It will be the last thing I have to do hopefully. If I can get the red done and the tin on the motor and wiring will be my loose ends to tie up yet. At the moment the weather is not too nice here, threatning to rain on me at the moment and I have to spray my parts outside.

#68 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hope the B&S 16 will work out for you. I'm eager to see more. Looking real good so far. :thumbs:

#69 outlaw070665 OFFLINE  

outlaw070665
  • Member No: 8679
  • 6 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 12:24 PM

i agree its a great find it's well worth the work i have started with a whole lot worse

#70 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 08:50 AM

i agree its a great find it's well worth the work i have started with a whole lot worse

Its hard to imagine anyone starting with a worse mess than mine, but its coming together. Say Outlaw, I hope you missed the tornado's yesterday. I lived in Hutch and Dodge, but can't remember where Denison is. Anyway its good to have new guys from the midwest. We can't let all the boys from East and north have all the fun :bounce:

#71 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 09:03 AM

Lee, he is up by Holton, north of Topeka.

#72 outlaw070665 OFFLINE  

outlaw070665
  • 6 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 12:51 AM

lee i'm 24 and a half miles north east of topeka and 12 miles southeast of holton and heck beings how we're in the middle of some the best farm ground everyone had garden tractors and plows and tillers around just found two 14 inch mow board plows for my massey have not decided which i will buy yet its here you just have to look to find them and by the way i haven't decided yet but i might put my massy 3650 tiller which fits the 12 up for sell just got a massey 550 tiller with the massey 16 i just bought 3 weeks ago plus am going to pick up in a few weeks a running 12 i need it as a mower not a garden tractor got to many of those around now every one seems to make garden tractors out of them when the decks wear out

#73 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 10:03 AM

lee i'm 24 and a half miles north east of topeka and 12 miles southeast of holton and heck beings how we're in the middle of some the best farm ground everyone had garden tractors and plows and tillers around just found two 14 inch mow board plows for my massey have not decided which i will buy yet its here you just have to look to find them and by the way i haven't decided yet but i might put my massy 3650 tiller which fits the 12 up for sell just got a massey 550 tiller with the massey 16 i just bought 3 weeks ago plus am going to pick up in a few weeks a running 12 i need it as a mower not a garden tractor got to many of those around now every one seems to make garden tractors out of them when the decks wear out

Sounds like good pickings and that's probably a good area for it. I've been to Topeka several times-played golf there a lot and my daughter went to KU, when we lived in KC. All NE Ks has good farm ground.

#74 outlaw070665 OFFLINE  

outlaw070665
  • 6 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 10:16 AM

it is good pickings just bought a wheel horse 20 minutes ago to cheap to pass up lacks the motor it's so old it had a 3 horse power engine on it will post pic's when i get it home it has a plow with it and a harrow

#75 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 05, 2012 - 07:01 AM

..........too cheap to pass up ............

Yep, ."...too cheap to pass up...." is the GT collectors' National Motto " . It usually is followed by ...".I don't know where to put it...".

:bounce: :bounce: