• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 26, 2011 - 06:27 PM

Heres a video of my JD2320 moving some gravel from a pile half way up my driveway to a trail that I built. I was adding more gravel to thin spots. I back drag with the loader to get it fairly smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN6Dc81AIMg

Edited by olcowhand, October 26, 2011 - 06:48 PM.
Made it screen play

• daytime dave said thank you

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted October 26, 2011 - 11:16 PM

Looks like a nice machine and a much nicer property

#3 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 26, 2011 - 11:25 PM

Brian, first, that is a beautiful property. Nice trail system. Secondly, that is a very handy JD. Thanks for posting the video.

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,512 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 01:00 AM

Brian, I have to agree on the property. Very nice. Looks like you have quite the trail system through it. I bet you really love that loader. Have you thought about building a rear blade for maintaining the trails? From what I saw, something where the blade was split in the middle and the ability to rotate each side to bring the excess toward the middle, then back to straight to level it all out. I can tell the trails aren't too wide and that is why I suggest this type of blade. I haven't seen anything similar, but might work in your situation for maintenance of the trails. Just a thought.

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 04:17 AM

Thanks guys. The first trails in the back yard were made using an x475 with a dirt scoop and a lot of manual labour to level things. When I got the 2320 I was able to use the loader and the high ground clearance to go right into the woods and level the trail bed and scrape off the soft top litter. I then filled the low spots, put down landscape fabric and gravel over that. The loader is something I couldn't do without.
Kenny, I have a 5ft rear blade and can carefully get it through the trails. I want to build or buy a box blade for the 314 to help level those trails. The 2320 is very maneuverable for the size of it. It has an inside turning radius that is probably about the same as the 314. However it is wider and longer with the loader and the ballast box on back. I also have a 54" front blade and hitch for plowing snow. The blade is really a bit narrow for the 2320 but with about 3000 lbs behind it it will move a lot of snow up the hill on my driveway. I am planning to adapt that hitch to the 314 as well.

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 04:24 AM

Brian,nice looking JD,thanks for the video.

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,512 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 06:52 AM

Brian, glad you have the tools you have for it. My idea was just that from my point of view sitting on the tractor in the video. Just something to move excess gravel back towards center so it could be leveled back in, you don't have much side clearance at times. Doing a great job, looks like a very nice property. I'm sure the trails help you enjoy it even more.

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 04:45 PM

I know what you mean Kenny. I may have to come up with a design for a grader/driveway levelling attachment to put on the back. It would be useful to have a half width blade that you could angle and move material back into the middle. Another nice project for next year or after I retire. Going from the 314 to the 2320 is like going from a Tempo to a Town Car in Ford terms. It is so easy to use and the vibration level is almost 0. It is however a bit big for the trails. My wife is a bit timid to drive it in close quarters but loves the 314, manual steering and all.

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,512 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 05:58 PM

Sounds good, Brian. I've seen several different designs around. Have fun on your trails.

#10 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 06:10 PM

Brian, you have great property,really enjoyed the video.