Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

case 224 need some help.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle T OFFLINE  

Uncle T

• Member No: 7085
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 01:28 PM

I have a 224 . It came with a snowcaster, mower deck, rear tires and weights,summer turff tires and rims and alot of manuals. pto hub was broken replaced it and bearings. I picked it all up without pto hub for $225.00 . Ran it last winter and had to adjust a few things , but ran well. Need the rod from the brake main shaft to the fwd/rev lever. any body got one. ? thanks.:smile1:

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 5,993 Thanks
  • 13,424 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 04:39 PM

Welcome to GTT!

We would love to see some pictures of your tractor when you get a chance

#3 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 73 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted October 26, 2011 - 02:03 PM

Due variances in parts from year to year and the fact that Case/Ingersoll made mid -year changes, I suggest you post the PIN number to the tractor for more accurate help. If you look in the manuals here and on the Eastman Industries site you can use the PIN to locate the correct parts manual. That will give you a part number you can post also. You may already have the manual as you got manuals with the tractor. I am having a hard time trying to figure out the rod you are talking about.

#4 Uncle T OFFLINE  

Uncle T

• 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 02:32 PM

thanks for your help. Here is the id #14023044. the rod I need goes from the f/r lever to the brake shaft . it pulls the f/r lever into netural when you step on the brakes, does this help ?

#5 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• 73 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 07:27 PM

That's not a rod that causes "return to neutral".It's a spring. I think the part number is C25022. You can look on Ebay now that you know what you're looking for. Joe's Outdoor is a good place to check out. If you desire a new one there are various Ingersoll dealers that can help you. If you need to locate a great dealer let me know. The latest parts manual for your tractor I could locate is # B1375 by the way.

#6 Uncle T OFFLINE  

Uncle T

• 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted October 28, 2011 - 08:48 PM

That's not a rod that causes "return to neutral".It's a spring. I think the part number is C25022. You can look on Ebay now that you know what you're looking for. Joe's Outdoor is a good place to check out. If you desire a new one there are various Ingersoll dealers that can help you. If you need to locate a great dealer let me know. The latest parts manual for your tractor I could locate is # B1375 by the way.

Thanks a bunch for the info. I found out the hard way why they put that spring in . I did my first test drive and brakes needed to be adjusted bad , crashed into my garage door!!!! darn brother in law never said anythig about the brakes. Minor damage to door . thanks again for your help.

#7 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• 73 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted October 29, 2011 - 06:48 AM

While it takes a bit to get used to, the Case/Ingersoll drive is a bit different than a hydrostatic. To slow down and stop, the travel control lever is really the thing to use. The brake is more of just a parking brake than a "slow down and stop" type of brake. Moving the travel control lever to neutral will slow and stop the tractor just fine. (unless you're on a hill) The return to neutral using the brake is more for a "panic mode".LOL I had a few of those when first running around on mine. It won't take long with a concentrated effort to use the travel control lever and not the brake. Soon the brake will be an almost forgotten item.
  • KennyP and Uncle T have said thanks

#8 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted October 29, 2011 - 12:14 PM

This info is out of the Case Operators manual.
Here is where you can download the parts manual for your tractor like Billy suggested.
Ingersoll Attachments

2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg

• Uncle T said thank you

#9 projectnut OFFLINE  

projectnut

• Member No: 5067
  • 11 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 11:15 AM

There are lots of parts available for the 224 available on e bay. When I was looking for a front axle I downloaded the parts manual for my machine then went to e bay to compare which years and models used the same part numbers. As was mentioned earlier you have to be specific about the PIN numbers the parts fit. There were over 2 dozen front axles listed but only 4 fit the PIN number for my machine. The last time I checked there were over 1,500 parts listed when searching "Case" under the parts and accessories heading.
Also much to my surprise there are several dealers in our area that still sell parts for the older machines. In many cases if the parts are still available from the dealer they are no more expensive than those on e bay. I actually bought 4 new style wheel bearings from a local dealer for less than the least expensive ones available on e bay.

Edited by projectnut, November 11, 2011 - 02:40 PM.

• Uncle T said thank you