• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,701 Thanks
  • 28,342 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 07:06 AM

maybe ill get a new starter solenoid, considering the PO broke it and ive got it rigged that might be part of the issue.

Just make sure you get the right one, if it is a specialty solenoid as mentioned in one of the previous posts, the wrong one could cause big problems. An acquaintance had a dodge van with that drive engage built into the solenoid. Kinda 'pensive to replace, but nothing else would work in it's place.

#17 Guest_jdecker94_*

• Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 27, 2011 - 05:31 PM

yeah, after my paypal sale clears im gonna order the solenoid. ill put that on and see what happens.

#18 Guest_jdecker94_*

• Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 29, 2011 - 09:37 AM

ok so after getting the 2 very very stripped screws out that hold the solenoid on, the solenoid was loose but wouldnt come out, so i jiggled it loose and it popped off. well inside the solenoid hooke onto the loop and as currect goes through the solenoid i guess it moves and pushes out the gear. well on its own the gear moves freely forward, backwards and rotates easily. so i think its just the solenoid not kicking the gear out, not the starter being faulty. also since the engine kinda slid off the truck maybe the hook on the solenoid was in a bad position and it wasnt kicking the gear out all the way. so when i get the solenoid ill write here again, since its snowing i wont be making much/any progress on the kubota project.