#1 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 10:52 AM

Took some pics of the frame this morning to show how its bent,as you can see its bent in two spots right at the oil drain hole and also right next to the LH side running board.Of course theres a cross member right in that area.I also drew two parellel lines on the floor and square a line across the back so that I was able to center both rear axles to this line showing just how much the front of the tractor is shifted over.I laid a 1" sq tubing along the lines to better show how the front tires are almost touching the one and showing just how far the other tire is from the other side.

Attached Thumbnails

• bent frame 001 (Small).jpg
  • bent frame 003 (Small).jpg
  • bent frame 005 (Small).jpg
  • bent frame 007 (Small).jpg
  • bent frame 008 (Small).jpg
  • bent frame 009 (Small).jpg

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hard to figure just HOW that would have happened! Looks to have taken quite a lick from the left side for sure. It would have taken a sharp fast blow, as something just running into it would seem like would just push the whole tractor. But a fast impact would bend & push. Falling off a set of ramps at one time?

#3 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 11:08 AM

I wonder if something happened to it while it had the snow blower mounted on it? The front mount for the snow blower goes about that far back on the frame, is fairly heavy built and would give some added leverage out front to bend the frame possibly. It's hard to imagine what would give enough of a jolt to bend the frame instead of just sliding the tractor sideways but strange things happen.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 02:13 PM

That is bent pretty bad. Just looking at the last picture it doesn't look like there is any cross bracing in the frame at the front end. Maybe they had the blower lifted and were transporting it in high range at speed when they clipped something with the edge of the blower. That would do some damage and I wouldn't want to be the operator in that scenario.

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 05:44 AM

I can't think how that kind of a bed could have happened.

#6 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 07:32 AM

After looking at the pics I think Brian my be on to something. I to think the snow blower my have be mounted and the the weldment that the snow blower lift pivots on could have caused the push outward on the right side.

#7 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 07:41 AM

After looking at the pics I think Brian my be on to something. I to think the snow blower my have be mounted and the the weldment that the snow blower lift pivots on could have caused the push outward on the right side.

Its a very heavy built blower thats why I had thought the same thing.Guess what got me to thinking that is the PO had said the blower only lifts a few inches off the grd and he didn't like that because it would hit hit concrete pad when he'd drive it into the garage.Sooo it makes me thinks that he did something to bend it.Larry

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 04:13 PM

Larry, is that going to be a big problem for you to straighten that bend. I'd be interested to see some pictures of how you do it.

#9 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 04:22 PM

By using a full size tractor to chain boom the 1655 in place (mid-frame & rear), then using a come-along to another full size tractor pulling the front, it can be straightened pretty easily. Done similar things many times. The one that I remember most was my neighbors's Honda ATC70 that his kids played chicken with a gokart & lost. Had the frame bent all back with the front tire pressed against the engine. Chained between 2 tractors, then pulled it into place. With the 1655, it may take a steady pull, then some heat to get it to straighten WHERE it needs to.

#10 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 06:37 PM

Dans on the right track.I'll place it between a couple trees and set it up just right and either pull with a come along or a powered winch.I know you have better control with the come along.I'am not going to do anymore right now have some other stuff on the go.I played around with it today and got the motor running and even drove it around a bit.Spins tires even in high gear plus the hydro is quite.The other thing is I'am comming down with probably the same thing the little guy had for the last couple weeks.Larry