• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Gary from Muleshoe ONLINE  

Gary from Muleshoe

• Member No: 6921
  • 34 Thanks
  • 88 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 07:06 PM

Just thought I would post a pic of my 180.
Pictures 013.jpg

Edited by Gary from Muleshoe, October 22, 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 07:59 PM

Looks like its in great shape

#3 Gary from Muleshoe ONLINE  

Gary from Muleshoe

• 34 Thanks
  • 88 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 08:14 PM

Yep shes in great shape just needs paint. it appears to have been used very little. It came with mower deck, plow, disc, & cultivator. Hope to get it repainted soon. I adapted a Sears electric 3 point to it just for show. I have been told the axels are weak and to not put it under a heavy pull. Any truth to that?

#4 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 12:04 AM

Keep in mind ...I do realize this is YOUR tractor, and you are free to do with it as you see fit.

But What the Sam Hell are you doing? This is a 'classic' tractor and should rightfully be restored back to its original condition to appreciate all of it's glory. That said would you take a 'restorable' 57 Chevy to a demolition derby? I hope I know that answer...I mean really couldn't you find a Mid 80's ingersoll for $300 to work? all the implements for any kind of work is out there... I guess I am kind of sensitive to the 180 in that my buddy has all of them...except this one (well he technically has one...but it is in Oregon and we're havin a hell of a time gettin it back to Michigan), and they are not that 'common'. We spend our weekends restoring tractors and implements - the good ole 180 has come up several times...

Congrats bud...that is a nice specimen of a really sweet tractor...

#5 kcgjbarnes OFFLINE  

kcgjbarnes

• Member No: 7079
  • 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 12:10 AM

wow :)

#6 Gary from Muleshoe ONLINE  

Gary from Muleshoe

• 34 Thanks
  • 88 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 06:21 AM

Don't get your pnties in a bunch bud, I never said anything about it working. The 3 point is just for show. Hardest thing it has done since I have owned it is push a little dirt with a back blade. I plan totally restore it when I get the cash to do so. At that point the three point will come off and go on one of my JDs.

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 09:45 AM

Gary, if you had taken that pic from a bit lower angle, it would look very much like it's larger cousins. Nice tractor and be sure to let us in on the restore when you get to that. Thanks.

#8 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 11:06 AM

Nice tractor. I see no harm in bolting on mods. If it doesn't alter the OE parts, then no harm done to the originality....can be taken back off if you want. Bolting on mods is hardly taking it to a demolition derby!

#9 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 03:48 PM

While it is still just a lawn mower you do have a pretty nice and kind of rare one there. :thumbs:
If you are going to take it demo derbying then get you an ejector seat like the guy at 2:23.

Jim not all of us have more money than the Fed Reserve and enough tractors we have to move a dozen to get one out (or have a "buddy" who does either). We do with what we have.

#10 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,672 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 05:35 PM

Nice looking Tractor :thumbs:

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 05:39 AM

Nice looking 180.

#12 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 07:37 PM

While it is still just a lawn mower you do have a pretty nice and kind of rare one there. :thumbs:
If you are going to take it demo derbying then get you an ejector seat like the guy at 2:23.

Jim not all of us have more money than the Fed Reserve and enough tractors we have to move a dozen to get one out (or have a "buddy" who does either). We do with what we have.

That is FUNNY! We all have more money than the FED, they are so far in debt they will never see the end...plus none of them work...they rely on us for GDP which they are exporting...to China

#13 plowboy OFFLINE  

plowboy

TRACTOROLOGIST

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 01:21 PM

Couple things....we're all here for our love of the same things guys...seems 2b alota tension in this post. anyway, i agree we do what we can w/ what we have thats y i have a 222 that will look like a 180 when im done (wheels, fenders, hood) and last, i drive an armored truck & deal w/ trillions of FED dollars everyday, been doin it for 8yrs, trust me.....theyr not in debt i watch them set up sub-vaults & tare em down like theyr toy houses......

#14 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 06:33 PM

It would be impossible for the private bank known as the Federal Reserve to have debt, as the debt created by them, for the federal government's expeditions are sent to you the through inflation and the IRS

#15 1031d OFFLINE  

1031d

• Member No: 6821
  • 32 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 01:56 AM

Nice 180 there! I don't see the harm in using the old girl just takes time to find parts! I have a 195 with the blade, deck and caster and the 'ol guy still earns his keep. I have been slowly doing a mechanical restoration on it over the past summer and fall. Got everything done except the engine. I have 26 antique farm tractors also and all of them get used. You have to or else they go to crap on you.