4 replies to this topic

#1 KenM OFFLINE  

KenM

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7048
  • 50 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 04:22 PM

I am working on the 110 I purchased not that long ago. I am trying to undo some previous owners quick fixes.

My question is where does the throttle cable bracket hook up to at the engine? I have included a diagram to show what I am talking about. It is number 13 that the location is the question of.

M8778__________UN01JAN94.jpg

It appears by this diagram that it goes behind #12. Is this correct? Or does it bolt somewhere else.

The previous owner was using wire to hold the cable stationary. And not even having that bracket hooked up to anything.

#2 KenM OFFLINE  

KenM

• Contributor
  • 50 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 09:33 PM

Well. I suppose that the previous question is not of great importance as of now. But would still like to know the answer.

Reason for this is because I ran into a bit of bad luck today. Decided to do a few other misc repairs today. Such as adjusting carburetor a little bit, fixing stripped bolt hole for choke cable bracket, adjusting the variator and clutch. Backed it out of the garage so I could bring in a freinds 1969 112 for a few minor adjustments and fixes as well. Long story short. As I was pulling the 110 back into the garage after putting in the 112. I heard a loud BANG. My son looked at me and what the heck was that. Popped the hood and low and behold. The spark plug blew right out of the hole taking the threads with it.

But at least my friends 112 is fixed and ready.

Anyone know the proper Heli-Coil kit for repairing the spark plug hole in the '68 K181 Spec# 30335D RJ8C spark plug?

#3 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 09:56 PM

Standard spark plug thread on these guys should be 14mm-1.25 if that would help you ID the correct kit. Good Luck.

#4 KenM OFFLINE  

KenM

• Contributor
  • 50 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 10:26 PM

Yes thanks. I thought it was around 14mm. But wasn't sure of thread pitch. I need to find my thread pitch gauges. They have been missing for a few years now.

#5 KenM OFFLINE  

KenM

• Contributor
  • 50 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted October 31, 2011 - 11:57 PM

Yep that was the correct size. m14 x 1.25. Got it fixed and runs like a champ now. Thanks again.

And I got a chance to look at another K181S and my assumption was correct. The throttle cable mounting bracket (#13) goes behind #12.