• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mjay OFFLINE  

mjay

• Member No: 1209
  • 6 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 12:22 PM

I have acquired a Vicon ZM242 mower conditioner as part of a lot of equipment.

I have fettled with the hydraulics and that appears to work. Chucked a PTO shaft on it this afternoon and it span up OK.

I know nothing more of the machine. Google doesnt come up with much on that model number.

Anyone have any ideas?

Debating whether to weigh it in, try to use it, sell it.....

It is 8' cut, will 60HP PTO run it OK. I dont know much about disc mowers, yet....

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,292 Thanks
  • 28,624 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 01:39 AM

Wow, that sounds like a real beast of a mower. Do you have a picture of it?

As for Hp, might be enough to test it at least, it'll sell a lot easier ( if that's what you choose ) if you can show & tell.

#3 mjay OFFLINE  

mjay

• 6 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 03:19 AM

Posted Image

I stalled the tractor putting the PTO in too fast, but it ran up when I was a bit gentler. I'm confident it will take light growth, but I dont know if the tractor will have a hard time in heavier growth. Have to wait till next year to find out now of course.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 08:13 AM

Jim, our New Holland 1411 has a 10'4" cut. We can run it with our 90hp MF1100 if on flat ground & the forage isn't too thick. But we run at faster speeds. These discbines, if they have enough horsepower going in, will cut at road speeds! 60hp would run your machine, but at slow speeds only. The 1st we used ours was with our MF1100 in wheat 4' tall. I went maybe 50 yards, pulled out, and got the MF1130 to run it. The 90hp wasn't close to enough power in extremely heavy crops, but the 115hp of the 1130 walked on with ease. We now just hook up the MF2745.

#5 mjay OFFLINE  

mjay

• 6 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 02:12 AM

Seems like I might be a bit light on HP then. No grass this time of year to try it on sadly.

Probably put it in the corner of a field for the time being and see what happens in spring. No-one seems to have ever heard of this model before so parts could be interesting to find.