#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 04, 2010 - 09:09 AM

I didn't think it was a good to put this in with the sub compact so here it is on it's own.I made this sunshade for the 1655 6,7,8 ?? yrs ago and its still doing its intended job today.It's a quick attach and remove without tools everything just slides into place.The top has two 3/4" pins that slide into the uprights,I used a couple of short bungee straps to keep it from ratteling around and bouncing.The uprights slide into a sleeve on each side of the tractor.The sleeves are bolted onto the same spot that the 3pth rockshaft are bolted to.I added a piece of rubber hose near the top of each upright and hold them in place with snap ties,I did this because the uprights touch the ROPS [the sunshade was made before the ROPS] and squeek and rattle sooo that stops that.Anyway here's pics of what I have.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• sun shade 006 (Sm	.jpg
  • sun shade 005 (Sm	.jpg
  • sun shade 007 (Sm	.jpg
  • sun shade 008 (Sm	.jpg
  • sun shade 009 (Sm	.jpg

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 04:10 AM

I like it Larry, thank you for posting it. :thumbs:

I will be making a sunshade sooner or later, like I mentioned in the other post I can't spend too long out in the sun without getting sun poisoning so this would help :D

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 04:46 AM

Larry,
Would it be possible to post some more pictures of the ROPS bar,I would like to build one for my 1655 and thought maybe I could "swipe" some ideas.

#4 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 03:45 PM

Larry,
Would it be possible to post some more pictures of the ROPS bar,I would like to build one for my 1655 and thought maybe I could "swipe" some ideas.

Ok I went out and took some pictures.One shows the part that goes down to the frame under the fenders.Its a double 1/4" plate,One sits on top of the tractors frame and the other one runs past the frame and it's how I bolted that support to the frame.The fenders sit right on top of the upright supports so they had to be made to fit in there exact.The rest of how the rops bolts to the support is with 2 grade 8 bolts on each side.The rops is foldable by taking out a hair pin and then a straight pin then it'll fold down.There's also a bolt with a locking nut on each side of the folding hinge that I tighten up just enough to put some pressure on the hindge joint to keep it from ratteling.The very top corners are 22 1/2 degree angles to form the top bends.If I had a bender I'd have just bent them but I don't so did it this way.Its the width of the tractor and the height I just made it so that it would protect me when I was sitting in the seat.I also have a seat belt attached to the bolts of the rops as well.I made it out of 1 1/2"x3" 1/4" wall tubing. Hope these pics are what you need.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• rops 001 [small].jpg
  • rops 002 (Small).jpg
  • rops 003 (Small).jpg
  • rops 005 (Small).jpg
  • rops 006 (Small).jpg

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 04:36 PM

Thanks Larry,that does look good and I see it folds too.

#6 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 09:40 PM

NICE work Larry on both of those fab projects:thumbs: The ROPS looks factory built.